Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:23
Member (2004)
Farsi (Persian) to English
+ ...
Jan 25, 2006

Hi

I want to buy a new anti virus and came by NOD32. I would appreciate input from users of this software.

Thanks.
Rahi

Direct link Reply with quote

Christian
Local time: 12:23
English to German
+ ...
Pretty good program Jan 25, 2006

I myself prefer Kaspersky (KAV) as an anti-virus program, which has an excellent detection rate. However, it is also a resource hog.

If you're looking for an AV which is not as resource-hungry as KAV, NOD32 is definitely a good choice. I have been using NOD32 for a year or so and it has never caused any problems so far, and its detection rate isn't too bad, either. When it comes to the detection of trojans, however, I don't think it is as good as KAV. Therefore, it would be a good idea to use a decent anti-trojan program, too. BOClean would be a good choice, I think. TrojanHunter is also very popular.

HTH
Christian

Bilore  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
I like it... Jan 25, 2006

Hi Rahi,

I had Norton at the beginning, then switched to Panda as Norton didn't seem to protect my computer well.

Finally, I turned to NOD32 following the advice of a friend. i've been using it for several months now and I'm quite satisfied with it.

I see that it sometimes blocks viruses or nasty things but it never bothers me with messages that pop up waiting for me to answer a question.

Regards,

Christine

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 13:23
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
award winning AV software Jan 25, 2006

IMHO, it is the best antivirus program. Updates many times during the day without interrupting your work. It is an easy-to-use, powerful, and reliable program.

Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:23
Member (2004)
Farsi (Persian) to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Light on resources Jan 25, 2006

Thank you all. I exactly want something light on resources and capable of doing the job. I had Norton for a couple of years but it's pressuring my system too much, not to mention the nightmare I had when uninstalling it.

Ana Pando & Anne Spence
French to English
+ ...
I am very satisfied with nod32 Jan 25, 2006

Hello,

Like some of the others, I used to use Norton but found that it would detect viruses and then tell me it couldn't fix repair or remove them! I've been using NOD32 for almost a year now. It takes up less space than Norton and I haven't had any problems with viruses since

focustr
Local time: 13:23
Turkish to English
+ ...
Norton vs Nod32 Mar 29, 2006

I've also been using Nod32 for couple of months and I can say that it is probably one of the best in terms of RAM usage..You wouldn't even understand if it is really running ! This is not the case with Norton especially when scanning your pc for viruses.
Regards
Mahir

Alan Campbell  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:23
Russian to English
+ ...
Another satisfied user Aug 16, 2006

I used Norton for about five years, upgrading each year to the latest version, and I finally got sick of the way it hooks into your system and hogs the resources.

I switched to Nod32 in December of last year and it just plain rocks. Lightweight, powerful and no bloat - just how it should be.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

NOD32

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search