Ariel Unicode
Thread poster: Syeda Tanbira Zaman
Syeda Tanbira Zaman
Syeda Tanbira Zaman
Local time: 19:35
English to Assamese
+ ...
Jan 28, 2006

I have been using Sulaiman Lipi and Rupali Unicode fonts for Assamese and Bengali. Recently a client requested me to write in Ariel Unicode. I tried, but the vowel signs do not appear correctly. Can anyone help, please?

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:05
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
ARIAL Jan 28, 2006

is a Windows font, supplied with all Windows operating systems. It supprts Unicode, so usually you would only need to select Arial for your text and this should work.

But you even didn' tell us, if you are using Windows PC or a Mac? What kind of software? What codepage you use?

Please provide more details.

Regards
Jerzy

satish krishna itikela
satish krishna itikela  Identity Verified
India
Member (2011)
English to Telugu
+ ...
"same problem in Telugu language" Jan 29, 2006

Dear Tanbira ji,

The same problem exists with the font in my language 'Telugu', in our language when we type in Ariel Unicode the text will look very bad because the strokes of the letter will get seperated from the letter and looks like a seperate letter it will be unreadable so i generally use another unicode font supported and given by the microsoft.

Regards,
Satish.

Syeda Tanbira Zaman
Syeda Tanbira Zaman
English to Assamese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It is Windows Feb 1, 2006

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

But you even didn' tell us, if you are using Windows PC or a Mac? What kind of software? What codepage you use?

Please provide more details.

Regards
Jerzy

It is Windows XP and MS Words.

Syeda Tanbira Zaman
Syeda Tanbira Zaman
English to Assamese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Me too Feb 18, 2006

satish itikela wrote:

Dear Tanbira ji,

The same problem exists with the font in my language 'Telugu', in our language when we type in Ariel Unicode the text will look very bad because the strokes of the letter will get seperated from the letter and looks like a seperate letter it will be unreadable so i generally use another unicode font supported and given by the microsoft.

Regards,
Satish.

I use Rupali, Sulaiman Lipi and myriad other Bengali Unicode Fonts. But some clients insists on Ariel and that creates the problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ariel Unicode

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »