Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:32
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Mar 8, 2006

Today I tried to use Anycount, but to no avail.
My virus scanner (AntiVir by H+BEDV, a German supplier) has detected a file called Oreans32.sys (located in c:\windows\system32\drivers\oreans32.sys) and blocked it. I chose "delete file" and clicked Ok.
The I got a message from Anycount "AIT Protection System. SecureEngine driver cannot be updated, because there are some programs using it. You need to close those programs or restart your computer".
Thank you, if a SecureEngine co
... See more
My virus scanner (AntiVir by H+BEDV, a German supplier) has detected a file called Oreans32.sys (located in c:\windows\system32\drivers\oreans32.sys) and blocked it. I chose "delete file" and clicked Ok.
The I got a message from Anycount "AIT Protection System. SecureEngine driver cannot be updated, because there are some programs using it. You need to close those programs or restart your computer".
Thank you, if a SecureEngine contains a virus...
For now Anycount is tabu, but I would be interested to know, if someone has already experienced similar troubles.

Regards
Jerzy
Collapse

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 15:32
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
I just downloaded Anycount Mar 8, 2006

and scanned install exe with Kaspersky 5. No dangerous objects found. I didn't install it, though.

I can reccommend to try to use online scanning available at www.kaspersky.com and see the results. Some antiviruses detect really harmless files as viruses, it happens.

Uldis

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Thank you, if a SecureEngine contains a virus...
For now Anycount is tabu, but I would be interested to know, if someone has already experienced similar troubles.

Regards
Jerzy

[Edited at 2006-03-08 14:20]

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What´s really amazing Mar 8, 2006

the file Oreans32.sys does not exist in my system now.
When I start Anycout it is created! My antivirus detects than the said virus in it and I cannot start Anycout as described.

Scanning the setup file gives no funds.
Very interesting, as it seems Anycout is either creating this file or copying it from somwhere... Now I´m searching for that file in my system.

Regards
Jerzy

Geneviève von Levetzow
Geneviève von Levetzow  Identity Verified
French to German
+ ...
Exactely the same... Mar 8, 2006

For me Jerzy:)

And I prefer PractiCount...

Geneviève:)

Yolande Haneder (X)
Yolande Haneder (X)  Identity Verified
German to French
+ ...
I have the same problem Mar 8, 2006

And I am using Translation 3000.
If I do not accept, I can't open T3000 (I deleted the file)

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Shall this mean, that they inserted a spy application in it? Mar 8, 2006

Regarding to this information http://www.spionfrei.com/items/-/28712/ it is an application monitor.
Very bad indeed, and it should be trusted software

Best
Jerzy

Yolande Haneder (X)
German to French
+ ...
Spy application? Mar 8, 2006

If it is so, i will do my invoices manually.

[Edited at 2006-03-08 17:00]

Jaroslaw Michalak
Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
SITE LOCALIZER
Oreans Mar 8, 2006

As you can see at this page:

http://www.oreans.com/

Oreans is a anti-piracy system. Maybe TO3000 uses it for protection?

Being "an application monitor" does not mean it has to be malware, if it is monitoring only TO3000 and AnyCount (against hacking), then it is OK.

I doubt that it is spyware, as my firewall does not detect that it connects with the Internet freq
... See more
As you can see at this page:

http://www.oreans.com/

Oreans is a anti-piracy system. Maybe TO3000 uses it for protection?

Being "an application monitor" does not mean it has to be malware, if it is monitoring only TO3000 and AnyCount (against hacking), then it is OK.

I doubt that it is spyware, as my firewall does not detect that it connects with the Internet frequently.

Finally, you should check your antivir database for the information on the file - why they think it is dangerous etc.
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
But exactly this is what is worrying me Mar 8, 2006

I´m using this antiviris since longer, together with Anycount.
Until today it did not reject this file, and now all of sudden it does.

I´ve contacted Anycount, so I shall wait and see what they say.
And I will contact my Antivir provider too.

Thank you

Regards
Jerzy

Yolande Haneder (X)
German to French
+ ...
seems to need only one answer Mar 8, 2006

Markus decided to let it go.

Once it had been accepted you can remove it the next time antivir is reacting and in my case T3000 is working as usual.

I am quite upset that the accepted it but he told me it is not the first and the last time that sotwares are checking themseleves online.

Jaroslaw Michalak
Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
SITE LOCALIZER
Antivir update Mar 8, 2006

Well, I have the files as well (I'm using TO3000).

Maybe your antivir has updated its database and in the new database the file is listed as dangerous...

Anyway, software should not do this behind our backs, as it may affect the operation of the computer in a way that was not foreseen by the programmers. It is a very bad practice!

Francisco Bolaños
Francisco Bolaños  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
A protection, perhaps... Mar 9, 2006

As Jabberwock said, this could be an anti-piracy system.
I have Spybot Search & Destroy in my computer (free software against spyware and malware, very reliable), and during a scan of my system it marked some files from C_Dilla (anti-piracy stuff) as possible threat.
Of course, if those files are removed, the program might not start, or may crash at any moment.

Best luck

Francisco

aitteam
aitteam
Ukraine
Local time: 15:32
English to Ukrainian
Protection system Apr 28, 2006

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

I would be interested to know, if someone has already experienced similar troubles.

Regards
Jerzy

Dear Jerzy and colleagues,

Oreans.sys is not a virus/malware but a licensed part of protection system, which does not monitor any activity on user's PC apart from protecting AnyCount from hacking/reverse engineering.

With AnyCount currently being used in many Fortune 500 companies and many governmental and intergovernmental bodies (e.g., U.S. Department of State and International Monetary Fund), we do take seriously its content and it does not include any spyware/adware or any other kind of malware.

Best regards,
Vladimir.
=======================
Vladimir Pedchenko,
AIT Software Development Team
http://www.translation3000.com
http://www.projetex.com
http://www.anycount.com
http://www.winlexic.com
http://www.exactspent.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Virus Oreans.A-2 in Anycount!??

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »