Thread poster: angibi
angibi
angibi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 21:48
English to Italian
+ ...
Apr 11, 2006

I have both Infix by Iceni and Adobe Acrobat 7.0 and I cannot do something which I thought was very simply: I need to select the whole PDF document because I need to change the fonts (with the orginal font I cannot overwrite). If a go to edit, the option select all is not highlighted. Since the file is over 140 pages long, I cannot go sentence by sentence by sentence to edit the font!!!

PLEASE HELP ME!!

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 22:48
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Perhaps all is image Apr 11, 2006

Sometimes pdfs consist purely of images (faxes or scanned text). Try Abbyy Finereader, it will deliver the text in a Word-file.
Regards
Heinrich

angibi
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I need to write in the Pdf file Apr 11, 2006

it is a real PDF file and I need to write in it. I have the appropriate software, but I cannot understand how to select the whole file to edit fonts (as in a Word file)

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:48
Swedish to English
+ ...
PDF problem Apr 11, 2006

I'm not sure we understand your problem. You cannot write to a PDF file, you cannot change the fonts. See many other discussions here about editing PDF files, or rather not editing.

You can convert the text in a PDF file to a reasonably editable format, e.g. doc and then change the fonts. Is that what you mean?

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 22:48
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
I'm afraid it is not possible Apr 11, 2006

never have succeeded in changing font in more than one segment at time. PDF as such is not meant for editing, the less so 140 pages of it.

There are softwares which can convert your PDF to Word almost 1:1 (Say, SolidConverter PDF), then you can do all needed in Word and the same software (or just printing to PDF from Word) will create back PDF file.

Uldis

angibi
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
select all Apr 11, 2006

All I want to do is to select the whole file: for example, if I had to select several pages because I have to copy and paste them somewhere else, I would have the same problem, because when I go to edit, select all is not highlighted.

angibi
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
select all Apr 11, 2006

remember I have Adobe Acrobat professional 7.0 and Infix!

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Swedish to English
+ ...
PDF Apr 11, 2006

I too have Adobe Professional, but I still think you cannot change fonts in the PDF file, only in the original file that was created in some other software, eg Quark, InDesign etc. before being converted to a PDF.

Alternatively it may be a security issue. In Professional, have you looked at Document / Security / Display Restrictions and Security ?

Jalapeno
Jalapeno
English to German
Keyboard shortcut Apr 11, 2006

Have you tried Ctrl + A?

Oliver Walter
Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
How to select everything Apr 11, 2006

This may be relevant for users of the full Acrobat - I only use the reader:
Ctrl+A selects the current page if you are in View-Single Page mode (from the View menu). If you want Ctrl+A to select the whole document, you need to be in View-continuous mode.
Oliver

angibi
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you, Oliver Apr 12, 2006

it is exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately, it turns out that when I change the whole document or a page from Futura (the file font) into arial, the numbers in the tables move, and I cannot use the table anymore. My aim was editing the text: I was able to it segment by segment, but I needed a quicker way.

I will figure out some way to do it.

Thank you very much!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

select all in pdf

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »