Thread poster: Francesca moletta

Francesca moletta
Italy
Local time: 14:21
English to Italian
+ ...
May 11, 2006

Hi all

I'm not sure this is the right forum for this issue...

Well, I'm wondering if I'm the only person on earth not able to print addresses on envelops!

I have a PSC all-in-one 1215 HP and XP Professional. I followed all the steps given by the office assistant to print on envelops (dimensions of envelop; preview), but as I insert the envelop on the printer tray (as shown!) and click on Print ... just one the address (the addressee's) appear on the envelop, but not at the right place.

Did I miss something? Anyone willing to help me?

Thanks, bye

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-05-12 10:35]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Which software do you use to print? May 11, 2006

Os the printer driver installed correctly?
Didn't you mix up the envelope dimensions (inch and centimeters for example)?
Are you sure the adress is correctly positioned in your software?

But altogether making a remote diagnosis on hardware and software one has never seen is a bit difficult.
Maybe someone has exactly the same printer as you (quite likely) and similar configuration (not so likely anymore - due to a huge variety of hardware and software combinations)

Regards
Jerzy

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 15:21
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
How I do it May 11, 2006

I have address list in a Word file. I highlight the necessary address, then go to Tools- Letters and Mailings- Envelopes and labels (actually I have placed a shortcut to that on my Word tool bar) and click print. In this dialog box you can also set envelope size and orientation.

I have HP laserjet 1012, to start printing envelope I have to press the green button on the printer.

And that's all. (Never have used Office assistant for any purpose ).

HTH,

Uldis

[Edited at 2006-05-11 15:11]

[Edited at 2006-05-11 15:34]

Eva T
English to Albanian
+ ...
Thank you Uldis May 11, 2006

It is very kind of you to tell here about this. I learned something new today (as I always do in proz).

Eva

Uldis Liepkalns wrote:

I have address list in a Word file. I highlight the necessary address, then go to Tools- Letters and Mailings- Envelopes and labels (actually I have placed a shortcut to that on my Word tool bar) and click print. In this dialog box you can also set envelope size and orientation.

I have HP laserjet 1012, to start printing I have to press the green button on the printer.

And that's all. (Never have used Office assistant for any purpose ).

HTH,

Uldis

[Edited at 2006-05-11 15:11]

Francesca moletta
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks May 11, 2006

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Os the printer driver installed correctly?

Yes, it is installed correctly. Other printouts are OK.

Didn't you mix up the envelope dimensions (inch and centimeters for example)?

no

Are you sure the adress is correctly positioned in your software?

I clicked on Preview to see if it is correclty positioned and it is.

But altogether making a remote diagnosis on hardware and software one has never seen is a bit difficult.
Maybe someone has exactly the same printer as you (quite likely) and similar configuration (not so likely anymore - due to a huge variety of hardware and software combinations)

Regards
Jerzy [/quote]

Trevor Butcher
English
or use a different envelope May 12, 2006

I know that this will not fix all mailing problems, but have you considered those envelopes with a window in them so that the address on the letter is visible?

Trevor

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

printing on envelopes

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search