https://www.proz.com/forum/software_applications/51706-project_open_translation_3000_or_other_software_for_an_agency.html

Project Open, Translation 3000 or other software for an agency?
Thread poster: Shamrock Pro
Shamrock Pro
Shamrock Pro  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 23:11
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 20, 2006

We are a small new agency and are looking for project management software. We are based at different locations so ideally we want something on the internet which both of us can access. Translation 3000 sounds fantastic but seems to be aimed at freelancers. Project Open also looks good and is free. Can anyone advise?

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:11
English to French
Projetex Jul 20, 2006

They're from AIT (TO3000) and it's aimed at agencies.
http://www.translation3000.com/accounting_software_for_translators/project_management_software.htm.
If it is as good as TO3000, it should suit all your needs

Cicero
Cicero
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:11
Japanese to English
+ ...
JORG - from Infospeed Oct 3, 2006

We have been using JORG, a new software available from Infospeed. As an agency, we have found it incredibly useful. It is simple to use and easy to understand. We have been using it since February 2006 and have seen a marked increase in our admin efficiency e.g. invoices created at the click of a button, on top of clearer project management for the... See more
We have been using JORG, a new software available from Infospeed. As an agency, we have found it incredibly useful. It is simple to use and easy to understand. We have been using it since February 2006 and have seen a marked increase in our admin efficiency e.g. invoices created at the click of a button, on top of clearer project management for the PMs.

Their website is http://www.joborganiser.co.uk/
Collapse

Martin Cleaver
Martin Cleaver
Local time: 07:11
Dutch to English
Accounting softwrae Oct 16, 2006

I have been a fairly happy user of Translation Office for more than 2 years, but have missed a couple of features, for instance, I make several invoices at once and now I have to make a list of completed jobs on paper and then enter the invoice section of TO3000 and make the invoices. There's no way to see completed uninvoiced jobs in version 7. Now version 8 has been released and has - I think - solved this problem... but created an even worse one for me. I had the software and the database ins... See more
I have been a fairly happy user of Translation Office for more than 2 years, but have missed a couple of features, for instance, I make several invoices at once and now I have to make a list of completed jobs on paper and then enter the invoice section of TO3000 and make the invoices. There's no way to see completed uninvoiced jobs in version 7. Now version 8 has been released and has - I think - solved this problem... but created an even worse one for me. I had the software and the database installed on a network drive because I use it from two different locations... but the new version has removed all network support.
If you don't have a network and DON'T need to convert from version 7, then TO3000 is proably a great option. But if you need to convert your version 7 data, there are plenty more nightmares in store. I fear I shall be looking for an alternative.
Martin
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Project Open, Translation 3000 or other software for an agency?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »