Thread poster: Vanders

Vanders  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 11:55
English to Dutch
+ ...
Sep 4, 2006

Hello

Who can help me? A client asked me to deliver the translation in Word format (no problem of course ). But I don't understand the following instruction: "Use "a" pages if necessary so that the client is able to slot the translations back into the Trial Bundle."

Regards

Nathalie Vanderstraeten

Direct link Reply with quote

Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:55
German to English
Just guessing Sep 4, 2006

It's possible that the client wants you to follow the page numbering of the original document, but if all the text doesn't fit, number that extra page 1a, 3a, etc. rather than numbering it 2.

Evi Wollinger  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
ask the client Sep 4, 2006

I never heard of anything like that. I usually just ask at the source if I can't find an answer to something right away.
The little bit of embarrassment is always worth it in the long run.
Good Luck!

Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:55
Spanish to English
+ ...
page 1a etc. Sep 4, 2006

Kevin Fulton wrote:

It's possible that the client wants you to follow the page numbering of the original document, but if all the text doesn't fit, number that extra page 1a, 3a, etc. rather than numbering it 2.

I don't work with translation software, but in my experience as an editor with publishing houses (esp. long ago, when everything was in hard copy), if a change is made that would have required repaginating the entire document, the editor would instead simply insert a page after the page where the change occurred. So, if the change was made on p. 11 (for example), then there would be p. 11, and a new p. 11a (which might only contain a word or two).

Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
Just ask Sep 5, 2006

And ye shall know. Don't ask us, ask the client.

It is not embarassing to not know. It is embarassing to not know and to never ask the right person.

Vanders  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Out of office reply: so I can't ask Sep 5, 2006

Hello

Normally I would ask the client but I got an 'out of office reply'...
I want to thank everybody for the answers.

Regards

Nathalie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"a" pages (Word)

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search