Thread poster: krtko
krtko
China
Local time: 08:22
English to Croatian
+ ...
Oct 10, 2006

Hello all

I have Adobe Acrobat 6.0. While I am proofreading the text, I cannot get Croatian letters like č(ch) or š(sh) in the Comment window. Instead I get c or s. Any help, especially prompt, is appreciated. Many thanks in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 03:22
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
The same with Latvian Oct 10, 2006

Usually with some PDF files the keyboard after each note (or even a word in a note) jumps back to the keyboard layout of language in which the original file was. I don't know how to repair that, but on my computer keyboard language settings switches by pressing Shift + Alt. So that's what I constantly do- I set the keyboard back to Latvian after entering each note...

Uldis

To Jan: I have Full Acrobat, version 7.0.8, Win XP.

krtko wrote:

Hello all

I have Adobe Acrobat 6.0. While I am proofreading the text, I cannot get Croatian letters like č(ch) or š(sh) in the Comment window. Instead I get c or s. Any help, especially prompt, is appreciated. Many thanks in advance

[Rediģēts plkst. 2006-10-11 09:05]

[Rediģēts plkst. 2006-10-11 09:07]

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 02:22
English to Swedish
+ ...
Sounds like an ugly bug Oct 11, 2006

Nasty! Does anyone know if this bug is present in Acrobat 7 (or 8, if you've tried the beta yet)?

Also, you could check if it occurs in Reader 7 if you don't have the full version. Remember that you can create notes in Reader, you just have to enable the comment function in Acrobat first.

I also guess that this is a Windows-only bug?! Mac OSX has better handling of different fonts. Anybody can verify it?

/Jan

krtko
China
Local time: 08:22
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks guys Oct 11, 2006

Thank you both. I needed a quick solution, but will try to find a long-term one, and get back to you then. Thanks again

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with proofreading in PDF

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search