Edit text layers in Fireworks PNG files?
Thread poster: Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 00:43
English to Swedish
+ ...
Nov 6, 2006

Hi all,

I received PNG files created with Adobe/Macromedia Fireworks.

Fireworks extends the PNG standard with custom metadata like text layers, which can only be edited in Fireworks, AFAIK.

Since Fireworks is a pretty expensive tool, I wonder if you know of any freeware/shareware that edit these text layers and save the PNG in the same format?

I've been searching on download.com, but the software I found could only create new layers, not handl
... See more
Hi all,

I received PNG files created with Adobe/Macromedia Fireworks.

Fireworks extends the PNG standard with custom metadata like text layers, which can only be edited in Fireworks, AFAIK.

Since Fireworks is a pretty expensive tool, I wonder if you know of any freeware/shareware that edit these text layers and save the PNG in the same format?

I've been searching on download.com, but the software I found could only create new layers, not handle existing ones.

TIA,

Jan
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Edit text layers in Fireworks PNG files?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »