https://www.proz.com/forum/software_applications/63200-the_rosetta_stone_language_learning_package_how_is_it.html

The Rosetta Stone language-learning package - how is it?
Thread poster: Williamson
Williamson
Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:19
Flemish to English
+ ...
Jan 11, 2007

I am looking for feedback from people who have bought a language-learning package. How efficient is it to bring you up to usuable language level i.e. enough to get around in a country?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-01-12 13:08]

Ahmad Hassaballa
Ahmad Hassaballa  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 09:19
Member (2005)
German to Arabic
+ ...
Good Jan 11, 2007

Hello Williamson,

Rosetta Stone is good. I used it for Italian and French, and can tell you that it's very simple and easy to learn.

Kind regards,

Ahmad

Dr. Jason Faulkner
Dr. Jason Faulkner  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:19
Spanish to English
The proof is in the trip Jan 11, 2007

Hello Williamson,

I'm using the RS to learn Brazilian Portuguese, something I've put off for way too long. I've always leaned on the "almost everyone here speaks Spanish" crutch in the past.

So far I find it very helpful and easy to use. My ear seems to be getting used to the sound of the language (oh, what a beautiful sound!) and my vocabulary is picking up. It's a little time consuming but it definitely isn't boring. I like the fact that you get to hear, see, an
... See more
Hello Williamson,

I'm using the RS to learn Brazilian Portuguese, something I've put off for way too long. I've always leaned on the "almost everyone here speaks Spanish" crutch in the past.

So far I find it very helpful and easy to use. My ear seems to be getting used to the sound of the language (oh, what a beautiful sound!) and my vocabulary is picking up. It's a little time consuming but it definitely isn't boring. I like the fact that you get to hear, see, and read the language all at the same time (isn't that how we learned our native languages anyway?).

As far as how good it is, well we'll see next winter (that's July in Brazilian!!).

SaludoZ!

Jason
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 02:19
SITE FOUNDER
Try the online demo Jan 12, 2007

Last I looked, they had a considerable amount of content online that would allow yuo to explore the effectiveness of their method, for you, before you buy. There were also options for 3 or 6-month online subscriptions (can't remember) that were quite reasonable.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The Rosetta Stone language-learning package - how is it?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »