Paula Hernández
Paula Hernández
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 24, 2007

Hi everyone,
I've just been given a document in .pdf, my problem is that I can't use an ocr to convert it into a .doc since the .pdf seems to have been originally made from images.
I managed to convert the .pdf into .rtf so that I can have the separate images, does anyone know of any software that converts images into .doc?

Radoslav Galikj
Radoslav Galikj  Identity Verified
North Macedonia
Local time: 06:47
English to Macedonian
+ ...
This could help Mar 24, 2007

Hola Paula,

Since you have a doc in pdf created from images, I think you woud have to use an ocr application. To do this, you should open the pdf file and export it into images with jpg or gif or tiff format. Those images are easily handled by any serious ocr reader, such as abby fine reader or readiris. I assume the rest will go smoothly. However, depending on scan resolution, you may encounter ocr mistakes that you will need to correct yourself.

Brgds,
Radoslav
... See more
Hola Paula,

Since you have a doc in pdf created from images, I think you woud have to use an ocr application. To do this, you should open the pdf file and export it into images with jpg or gif or tiff format. Those images are easily handled by any serious ocr reader, such as abby fine reader or readiris. I assume the rest will go smoothly. However, depending on scan resolution, you may encounter ocr mistakes that you will need to correct yourself.

Brgds,
Radoslav Galic
Collapse

Paula Hernández
Paula Hernández
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked!! Mar 24, 2007

Thank you so much!! I owe you one

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to convert an image to word

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »