Conrado Portugal
Conrado Portugal
Germany
Local time: 21:38
German to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 20, 2007

Hello all,

I am using AdobeAcrobat Professional 7. No problems till now. However, during the last couple of days I've experienced some difficulties: there are documents that all of a sudden I cannot read because I can only see a sign salad all over. I've deinstalled Adobe and installed the free Internet version (version 8) and then it worked again but when I reinstalled the Professional Version 7 the "sign salad" appeared again in some of the documents.

Somebody experec
... See more
Hello all,

I am using AdobeAcrobat Professional 7. No problems till now. However, during the last couple of days I've experienced some difficulties: there are documents that all of a sudden I cannot read because I can only see a sign salad all over. I've deinstalled Adobe and installed the free Internet version (version 8) and then it worked again but when I reinstalled the Professional Version 7 the "sign salad" appeared again in some of the documents.

Somebody experecienced something similar? Any ideas? I installed the Microsoft tool Acu Type Tuning, maybe it has something to do with this problems in Adobe but I've deactivated the tool and the sign salad is still there!

Thanks for your help

Conrado

[Editado a las 2007-04-20 15:21]
Collapse

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:38
Member (2004)
English to Italian
??? Apr 20, 2007

what do you mean by "salad sign"? Never heard of it...

Giovanni

Conrado Portugal
Conrado Portugal
Germany
Local time: 21:38
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I meant sign salad Apr 20, 2007

No salad sign

like:

lkasjdlkj alskdjoi qoiud paosid XX asidksa, and many other signs

We 've this expresión in Spanish: ensalada de símbolos

[Editado a las 2007-04-20 15:22]

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
ah! Apr 20, 2007

insalata di simboli! Sorry for the salad misinterpretation! I find it hard to believe it's the program. Maybe it's just the files. Are the same files ok if you open them in Acrobat (Reader) 8?

Giovanni

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 22:38
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Can please somebody explain Apr 20, 2007

to those of us not speaking Spanish what "insalata di simboli" is?

If honestly, this thread got me lost...

Do you mean all text appearing as incomprehensible symbols in your PDF files- such as I sometimes get on converting plain English PDF to Word and all the the result is Word document in Chinese-like characters strange to me?

Uldis

[Rediģēts plkst. 2007-04-20 20:13]

[Rediģēts plkst. 2007-04-21 10:30]

Marta Fernandez-Suarez (X)
Marta Fernandez-Suarez (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
yes Apr 21, 2007

Hi Uldis

Yes, as you say, it means here a mix of symbols that probably follows no order or makes no sense.

Regards,

Marta

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help! AdobeAcrobat 7 "sign salad"

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »