"Time Stamp" work time versus elapsed time--help!
Thread poster: Patricia Rosas

Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:01
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 25, 2007

I'm using Time Stamp version 3.21.2006-0906.

Looking at a time card that had one entry, I suddenly spotted a terrible problem.

I worked for 29 minutes, and it shows 29 minutes ELAPSED and 1 hour WORKED. Where did that 1 hour come from??

The only total generated is for the "WORKED" column (which is automatically multiplied by the hourly rate).

So the sheets are worthless unless I add the ELAPSED TIME by hand.

Can someone explain this? Have I toggled a setting that I shouldn't have? Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I found a work around... Apr 25, 2007

I dumped everything into an Excel spreadsheet, now it makes more sense and is usable. If I knew how to hit the delete button for this thread, I'd close it down ...

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 09:01
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
if you close and open... Apr 26, 2007

the time stamp, it (eventually) is OK. There's a refresh or recalculate button somewhere too...

smo

United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you, Vito! Apr 27, 2007

Vito Smolej wrote:

the time stamp, it (eventually) is OK. There's a refresh or recalculate button somewhere too...

smo

I haven't tried it yet (I've rushed on to other work), but the next time I use Time Stamp, I'll try that!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Time Stamp" work time versus elapsed time--help!

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search