https://www.proz.com/forum/software_applications/72852-trados_70_and_word2007_end_of_paragraph_not_found_is_there_a_solution.html

Trados 7.0 and WORD2007, end of paragraph not found, is there a solution?
Thread poster: Lily Zhang
Lily Zhang
Lily Zhang  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 18:58
English to Chinese
+ ...
May 12, 2007

Dear Colleagues,

I have worked out the toolbar of Trados in Word2007 through the add-ins. However, when I click open/get button on Trados toolbar, there will be an error saying "end of paragraph not found".

Do you know how to solve the problem?

Almir Comor MITI
Almir Comor MITI  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 12:58
Member (2004)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Insert end of paragraph yourself May 12, 2007

Hello,

I've had the same problem once. It's probably the problem of having a section or page break coming immediately after the sentence, i.e. immediately after the period.

This is what did the trick for me:
I restored the source text and the inserted end of paragraph myself (simly press "enter" after placing the cursor right after the last word or the period in the line and before the section-page break). Then try to reopen the segment and it should be OK.
... See more
Hello,

I've had the same problem once. It's probably the problem of having a section or page break coming immediately after the sentence, i.e. immediately after the period.

This is what did the trick for me:
I restored the source text and the inserted end of paragraph myself (simly press "enter" after placing the cursor right after the last word or the period in the line and before the section-page break). Then try to reopen the segment and it should be OK.

Cheers

[Edited at 2007-05-12 13:11]
Collapse

Lily Zhang
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks. But it doesn't work this time. May 12, 2007

Thanks Almir for the suggestion.

I used the trick once when last time I encountered the same error in WORD2003.

But this time, it does not work.

I wonder if it is just because WORD2007 is released after Trados7.0. So we have to wait for the next version of Traods?

Ah, it is frustrating...

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:58
English to French
+ ...
Not compatible May 12, 2007

AFAIK, only SDL Trados 2007 (Trados 8.0) is compatible with Word 2007. There are several forum postings related to that topic already

Lily Zhang
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have to switch back to WORD2003. May 13, 2007

Though I like the intuitive interface of WORD2007.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7.0 and WORD2007, end of paragraph not found, is there a solution?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »