De-selecting right-to-left typing layout in MS Word
Thread poster: Patricia Rosas

Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:58
Spanish to English
+ ...
Aug 27, 2007

Earlier I posted a thread because my MS Word files are reversed. This must have happened because I'm working for a client in Israel, and he probably normally works from right to left (even though the file he sent me in Spanish is written from left to right.)

I've searched Help in Word and searched on-line, but can't find any information that helps. I tried selecting English in the Office Tools option on the Start menu, and that made no difference, and all the settings under "Regions and Languages" in the Start menu are set to English.

Can anyone tell me how to restore the layout so that text appears on the screen from the left to right?

Direct link Reply with quote

Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:58
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
solved Aug 27, 2007

Thanks to Henrik and P Forgas who responded to my earlier post, this is fixed. (I found the reverse direction buttons under "Customize -- > Format").

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

De-selecting right-to-left typing layout in MS Word

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search