https://www.proz.com/forum/software_applications/84298-thunderbird_no_connection_with_the_server.html

Thunderbird - No connection with the server
Thread poster: Cécile Kellermayr
Cécile Kellermayr
Cécile Kellermayr  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 12:49
English to German
+ ...
Sep 20, 2007

Good Morning!

For a few days now, Thunderbird (V. 2.0.0.6) hasn't been able to download my e-mails. I always get an error message stating that the connection with the server can't be established ("Konnte nicht mit dem Server verbinden; die Verbindung wurde verweigert").
And it doesn't work with any of my e-mail addresses, which means the problem must be related to the programme itself or to other settings on my computer.
The account settings are the same as always and
... See more
Good Morning!

For a few days now, Thunderbird (V. 2.0.0.6) hasn't been able to download my e-mails. I always get an error message stating that the connection with the server can't be established ("Konnte nicht mit dem Server verbinden; die Verbindung wurde verweigert").
And it doesn't work with any of my e-mail addresses, which means the problem must be related to the programme itself or to other settings on my computer.
The account settings are the same as always and worked perfectly before, so this can't be the reason...

Thanks a lot in advance for any hints!
Collapse

Eric Le Carre
Eric Le Carre  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Try these steps Sep 20, 2007

Hi Cécile,

try these steps from MozillaZine's topic 'Suddenly cannot connect'.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Suddenly_cannot_connect

I hope you can find some useful clues and fix your problem.

Have a nice day,

Eric

Cécile Kellermayr
Cécile Kellermayr  Identity Verified
Austria
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Zone Alarm! Sep 20, 2007

I had completely forgotten about Zone Alarm, which seems to have blocked the connection. Strangely, the settings only showed question marks for Thunderbird, but in the last few days I have never been asked for confirmation ... Anyway, I have now changed them to checkmarks and it works. Thank you very much for this helpful link!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Thunderbird - No connection with the server

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »