https://www.proz.com/forum/software_applications/84314-thunderbird%3A_2_issues_most_nb_strange_cursor_typing_behaviour.html

Thunderbird: 2 issues, most NB --> strange cursor/typing behaviour
Thread poster: Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 20, 2007

1. When I send mails T always asks me whether i want to send the mail as HTML, text, or both. This is annoying, is there any way to turn this off and simply send all mails as HTML?

2. Sometimes when I'm typing a message, the typing "goes crazy", the cursor is not in the place where one types, and no matter what one does, refuses to type a letter in the place where the cursor is but a few places behind (or maybe in front). Has anyone had this problem and how can it be fixed?
... See more
1. When I send mails T always asks me whether i want to send the mail as HTML, text, or both. This is annoying, is there any way to turn this off and simply send all mails as HTML?

2. Sometimes when I'm typing a message, the typing "goes crazy", the cursor is not in the place where one types, and no matter what one does, refuses to type a letter in the place where the cursor is but a few places behind (or maybe in front). Has anyone had this problem and how can it be fixed?

TIA
Collapse

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:05
Member (2003)
German to French
html Sep 20, 2007

Hi Lia,

I have no clue for your second issue, but for html, go to Tools > Account settings > select the third menu item on the left pane ("Rédaction et adressage" in French).
There you can select the corresponding option.

HTH,
Sylvain

[Modifié le 2007-09-20 09:43]

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:05
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Address book entries Sep 20, 2007

I have mine set to "Always send as HTML" as described by Sylvain, but T-bird still queries it if the addressee's preference is not known. All the addressees in your address book should have the option "Prefers to receive messages formatted as" set to "HTML", then this shouldn't happen for any of them, but it will still query addressees not in the address book.

Like Sylvain, I have no ideas about your second problem. I presume you only have it in T-bird, not anywhere else?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Thunderbird: 2 issues, most NB --> strange cursor/typing behaviour

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »