questions about TO3000
Thread poster: Núria Bonet
Núria Bonet
Núria Bonet  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:19
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 11, 2008

I am considering buying TO3000 and have read really good reviews here, but I am afraid you cannot track supplier's invoices, specifying service provided, VAT, discounts, etc. Am I right?

Another problem I find is that I would need an excel sheet with all the inovice details (invoice number, date, service, amount of words, file name, VAT, discounts, etc. and I can't manage to export all these fields into an excel. Is it possible?

Is there any program I could use for acco
... See more
I am considering buying TO3000 and have read really good reviews here, but I am afraid you cannot track supplier's invoices, specifying service provided, VAT, discounts, etc. Am I right?

Another problem I find is that I would need an excel sheet with all the inovice details (invoice number, date, service, amount of words, file name, VAT, discounts, etc. and I can't manage to export all these fields into an excel. Is it possible?

Is there any program I could use for accounting my supplier's invoices and my client's invoices?
Any advice is welcomed.

Thank you very much!
Collapse

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
No supplier invoices, correct Jan 12, 2008

TO 3000 is a tool for freelancers that do not outsource. For agencies, AIT offers Projetex at a much higher price. And I also have not found an option to export client details into an Excel sheet, but I am not sure on that point.

If German language software is an option, our ProZ colleague Erik Hansson provides WinTitus, which might meet your needs.

[Bearbeitet am 2008-01-12 13:31]

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:19
English to French
+ ...
Export to TXT and CSV Jan 12, 2008

I have TO3000 V7. I am able to export jobs, expenses, invoices, quotes, payments and pretty much everything else to CSV and TXT files - the only thing I can't seem to export is the contact details. If you open the CSV files in Excel, you can work on the data.

I imagine that the exporting function is still available in V8 but I am not sure. However, if you go to their website, there is an extensive list of features and I am sure you can check there.

All the best!
<
... See more
I have TO3000 V7. I am able to export jobs, expenses, invoices, quotes, payments and pretty much everything else to CSV and TXT files - the only thing I can't seem to export is the contact details. If you open the CSV files in Excel, you can work on the data.

I imagine that the exporting function is still available in V8 but I am not sure. However, if you go to their website, there is an extensive list of features and I am sure you can check there.

All the best!

Edit: I just wanted to add that the export file is a mirror of your display in TO. This means that if you want a specific set of data to appear in the export file, in a specific order, you will have to set up your display so that the required data shows in the required order before exporting. I can confirm that VAT, dates, discounts and such will appear in the export file. However, for an invoice with several lines, details for each line (such as file names) will not show up. But you can easily fix this by also exporting the jobs and pasting the relevant part of the job under the invoice data in the Excel sheet.

[Edited at 2008-01-12 20:57]
Collapse

Cicero
Cicero
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:19
Japanese to English
+ ...
TRY JORG Jan 15, 2008

Hello

You might want to look into JORG form Infospeed. Cicero Translations helped in supplying feedback for the latest issue recently and the accounting function allows you to export reports using various queries including by supplier within set date. This way a complete list of supplier invoices, reference, amount etc.. can be gained
... See more
Hello

You might want to look into JORG form Infospeed. Cicero Translations helped in supplying feedback for the latest issue recently and the accounting function allows you to export reports using various queries including by supplier within set date. This way a complete list of supplier invoices, reference, amount etc.. can be gained very quickly.

Their website is http://www.joborganiser.co.uk/
Collapse

Núria Bonet
Núria Bonet  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:19
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you all! Jan 15, 2008

Thank you all for your replies. I'll have a deep look into the program you suggest.
I think I'll finally have to decide for another program different to TO3000, although I liked it very much. It's a pity you can't record supplier's invoices...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

questions about TO3000

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »