Correcting a closed KudoZ question?
Thread poster: Patricia Rosas

Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:19
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 6, 2003

Yesterday, I asked for help translating \"procuración de justicia\" which appeared in a sentence with \"administración de justicia\". I didn\'t feel that \"procurement of justice\" worked, but I got a response that cited numerous Internet links using the phrase. I accepted that answer. Today, with more time, I realized that(a) all those links were translation of Spanish-language sites; and (b) the term should be \"law enforcement.\" I corroborated this on a Mexican government web site. Now, however, the term is in the glossary. What do I do? Is there any way I can fix this in the general glossary?

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 21:19
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Don't worry, Patricia May 7, 2003

Just give the link and one of those who can (mods or people with enough KudoZ) will correct the glossary.

Thanks.

United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Link to KudoZ entry needing correction May 7, 2003

Thank you, Claudia! Here is the link for anyone who can help: http://www.proz.com/kudoz/426546

The correct translation is \"law enforcement\" and a reference would be http://wwwenglish.pgr.gob.mx/home.htm (no period between the www and english)--on the page:

Law Enforcement Links

Again, much thanks!

two2tango  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Por qué el apuro? May 7, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-05-06 23:52, Patricia Rosas wrote:

...Today, with more time, I realized that(a) all those links were translation of Spanish-language sites; and (b) the term should be \"law enforcement.\"

Hola Patricia,

En realidad siempre tuviste ese tiempo. Es común ver a colegas que se apuran a asignar los puntos de una consulta, a veces sobre la primera respuesta que reciben. En general es buena idea tomarse un tiempito para hacerlo, de modo de poder recibir más opiniones y a veces algún interesante intercambio de opiniones.

Saludos,

Enrique

United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You are SO right! May 7, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-05-07 02:12, two2tango wrote:

Quote:

On 2003-05-06 23:52, Patricia Rosas wrote:

...Today, with more time, I realized that(a) all those links were translation of Spanish-language sites; and (b) the term should be \"law enforcement.\"

Hola Patricia,

En realidad siempre tuviste ese tiempo. Es común ver a colegas que se apuran a asignar los puntos de una consulta, a veces sobre la primera respuesta que reciben. En general es buena idea tomarse un tiempito para hacerlo, de modo de poder recibir más opiniones y a veces algún interesante intercambio de opiniones.

Saludos,

Enrique

Enrique,

Tienes toda la razón! I learned a big lesson yesterday...

Patricia

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Corregido Patricia May 7, 2003

United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
De nuevo, doy las gracias May 7, 2003

Te lo agradezco, Claudia. Thank you for taking time...

Regards,

Patricia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Correcting a closed KudoZ question?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search