https://www.proz.com/forum/spanish/171401-%C2%BFpodemos_crear_una_memoria_con_un_solo_idioma.html

¿Podemos crear una memoria con un solo idioma?
Thread poster: Maria Castro Valdez
Maria Castro Valdez
Maria Castro Valdez  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:48
Member (2002)
French to Spanish
+ ...
May 20, 2010

Hola:

Un cliente me pide crear una memoria a partir de un manual en español. Hasta donde yo sé para crear una memoria necesitamos 2 idomas. ¿O estoy equivocada? ¿Podemos crear una memoria con un solo documento en español? De ser posible, ¿cómo se hace y cómo se cobra?

Gracias de antemano por su ayuda.
Un saludo.

María

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:48
French to Polish
+ ...
Yes and no... May 20, 2010

Maria Castro Valdez wrote:

Un cliente me pide crear una memoria a partir de un manual en español. Hasta donde yo sé para crear una memoria necesitamos 2 idomas. ¿O estoy equivocada? ¿Podemos crear una memoria con un solo documento en español? De ser posible, ¿cómo se hace y cómo se cobra?

El idioma de este foro es inglés, entonces contestaré en inglés.

Yes, it's possible to create TMs with the same source and target language but you must have Professional version (for Trados 2007 end earlier)

I never tested it with Trados 2009, I don't know if it's possible.

Cheers
GG

David Russi
David Russi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
Align the document to itself May 20, 2010

In Trados you can segment all segments that are 0% and up with an empty memory, but then you would have to open an close each one, so you probably would want to use WinAlign to align the document to itself (should be a matter of minutes), then export and build a memory.

[Edited at 2010-05-20 12:10 GMT]

Yossi Rozenman
Yossi Rozenman  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
You can pretranslate and then clean to TM May 20, 2010

David Russi wrote:

In Trados you can segment all segments that are 0% and up with an empty memory, but then you would have to open an close each one, so you probably would want to use WinAlign to align the document to itself (should be a matter of minutes), then export and build a memory.

[Edited at 2010-05-20 12:10 GMT]

You don't have to open each segment. I don't know how it goes in 2009, but in 2007 and earlier, firsrt you pretranslate the document with any TM, checking the "Segment unknow sentences" checkbox. Then, you create a new TM and cleanup the file choosing the option "Update TM".

HTH

[Edited at 2010-05-20 13:36 GMT]

David Russi
David Russi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
Of course! May 20, 2010

Yossi Rozenman wrote:

You don't have to open each segment. I don't know how it goes in 2009, but in 2007 and earlier, firsrt you pretranslate the document with any TM, checking the "Segment unknow sentences" checkbox. Then, you create a new TM and cleanup the file choosing the option "Update TM".

HTH

[Edited at 2010-05-20 13:36 GMT]

As my daughter would say... duh!

Bruno Magne
Bruno Magne  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Que me pedonen los colegas... May 20, 2010

pero el idioma de este foro es el español, no el inglés.

Que la pasen bien

Bruno

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Yo preguntaría al cliente qué quiere... May 20, 2010

...porque me parece muy raro que quiera un TM con frases duplicadas en la misma lengua. Tal vez quiere una traducción y un TM, y no se explicó muy bien, o ya tiene una traducción y quiere que le hagas un TM con los dos textos ("alignment" en inglés).

Maria Castro Valdez
Maria Castro Valdez  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you ! May 20, 2010

Muchas gracias a todos por su ayuda.
Thank you ! My english is very poor.

Saludos.
María

Riens Middelhof
Riens Middelhof  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
de acuerdo con FarkasAndras May 21, 2010

Creo que deberías aclarar la situación con tu cliente. Posiblemente requieren de una extracción de la terminología usada (p.e. en Excel). En este caso se cobra por hora.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

¿Podemos crear una memoria con un solo idioma?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »