German to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 5, 2010

hola a todos:

un cliente me ha mandado los siguientes ficheros de Multiterm 2009

multilingual_paper_glossary.mtf.xml
multilingual_paper_glossary.xdt
paper.xcd

y me ha informado de que se trata de un glosario Excel convertido a XML 'para poder gestionarlo en MT, pero no consigo cargarlo en MT2009. ¿Alguna sugerencia?

Muchas gracias y muy buen fin de semana a todos.

Kjersti Farrier  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:40
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Import into a new Multiterm base Jun 5, 2010

Querido Pablo,
lo siento que escribo lo siguiente in Ingles, es mejor para mi hoy.

You will need to create a new MultiTerm base by using the multilingual_paper_glossary.xdt file as the definition file. Once you have done that you can import the multilingual_paper_glossary.mtf.xml file into the database.

Let me know if you encounter any issues - I'll be watching this session just in case.

Espero que tengas un buen fin de semana.

Kjersti

Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:40
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Multiterm 2009 Jun 5, 2010

Kjersti Farrier wrote:

Querido Pablo,
lo siento que escribo lo siguiente in Ingles, es mejor para mi hoy.

You will need to create a new MultiTerm base by using the multilingual_paper_glossary.xdt file as the definition file. Once you have done that you can import the multilingual_paper_glossary.mtf.xml file into the database.

Let me know if you encounter any issues - I'll be watching this session just in case.

Espero que tengas un buen fin de semana.

Kjersti

Thanks a lot for your help, Kjersti. I did what you said, creating a new db based on the xtd file. But, I am not able to see any import option at the MT2009 menus so far (as I usually do not work with Trados). And have a nice weekend too.

[Editado a las 2010-06-05 15:09 GMT]

United Kingdom
+ ...
Under Catalog in Multiterm Jun 5, 2010

Open the new Multiterm base, click the Catalog tab. You will then see a list of choices:
Definition, Layout, Filters, etc. Right click on Import - Process. The import file is your xml file.

Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:40
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Multiterm 2009 Jun 5, 2010

Kjersti Farrier wrote:

Open the new Multiterm base, click the Catalog tab. You will then see a list of choices:
Definition, Layout, Filters, etc. Right click on Import - Process. The import file is your xml file.

Dear Kjersti, you saved my life. I searched and searched at the top menus, because if I remember correctly in the previous MTs the glossaries were imported directly from the firsdt menu. Thanks a lot! Now, back to work...icon_wink.gif

United Kingdom
+ ...
It was a pleasure! Jun 5, 2010

Glad that it all worked in the end. Enjoy your project.
I am having a rest from my work by playing with Lego instead with my girlsicon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2009

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search