German to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 5, 2010

hola a todos:

un cliente me ha mandado los siguientes ficheros de Multiterm 2009

multilingual_paper_glossary.mtf.xml
multilingual_paper_glossary.xdt
paper.xcd

y me ha informado de que se trata de un glosario Excel convertido a XML 'para poder gestionarlo en MT, pero no consigo cargarlo en MT2009. ¿Alguna sugerencia?

Muchas gracias y muy buen fin de semana a todos.

Direct link Reply with quote

Kjersti Farrier  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:27
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Import into a new Multiterm base Jun 5, 2010

Querido Pablo,
lo siento que escribo lo siguiente in Ingles, es mejor para mi hoy.

You will need to create a new MultiTerm base by using the multilingual_paper_glossary.xdt file as the definition file. Once you have done that you can import the multilingual_paper_glossary.mtf.xml file into the database.

Let me know if you encounter any issues - I'll be watching this session just in case.

Espero que tengas un buen fin de semana.

Kjersti

Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:27
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Multiterm 2009 Jun 5, 2010

Kjersti Farrier wrote:

Querido Pablo,
lo siento que escribo lo siguiente in Ingles, es mejor para mi hoy.

You will need to create a new MultiTerm base by using the multilingual_paper_glossary.xdt file as the definition file. Once you have done that you can import the multilingual_paper_glossary.mtf.xml file into the database.

Let me know if you encounter any issues - I'll be watching this session just in case.

Espero que tengas un buen fin de semana.

Kjersti

Thanks a lot for your help, Kjersti. I did what you said, creating a new db based on the xtd file. But, I am not able to see any import option at the MT2009 menus so far (as I usually do not work with Trados). And have a nice weekend too.

[Editado a las 2010-06-05 15:09 GMT]

United Kingdom
+ ...
Under Catalog in Multiterm Jun 5, 2010

Open the new Multiterm base, click the Catalog tab. You will then see a list of choices:
Definition, Layout, Filters, etc. Right click on Import - Process. The import file is your xml file.

Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:27
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Multiterm 2009 Jun 5, 2010

Kjersti Farrier wrote:

Open the new Multiterm base, click the Catalog tab. You will then see a list of choices:
Definition, Layout, Filters, etc. Right click on Import - Process. The import file is your xml file.

Dear Kjersti, you saved my life. I searched and searched at the top menus, because if I remember correctly in the previous MTs the glossaries were imported directly from the firsdt menu. Thanks a lot! Now, back to work...

United Kingdom
+ ...
It was a pleasure! Jun 5, 2010

Glad that it all worked in the end. Enjoy your project.
I am having a rest from my work by playing with Lego instead with my girls

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2009

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search