Thread poster: Ivana de Sousa Santos

Ivana de Sousa Santos  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 00:46
French to Portuguese
+ ...
Aug 22, 2010

Dear colleagues,

I am trying to find an hotel to stay in Madrid from the 10-12th September as I am going to a concert in La Riviera.

I have already been searching, but I only find hotels about 5 km far from La riviera and 4-5 stars (some in Alcobendas). I think it will be very expensive and far from the place of the concert.

So, I am asking for your help: do you know any hotel the closest possible from La Riviera? 3-4 stars.

Answers in Spanish are welcome. It was easier for me to write in English.icon_smile.gif

Thank you in advance for any tips.

Oscar Villafuerte
Spain
Local time: 01:46
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
Try this place Aug 23, 2010

http://www.hotelreyescatolicos.com/

It's 3-star, near La Riviera and the neighborhood is quite interesting.

Good luck!

Portugal
French to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Is it nearer than Alcobendas or Tres Cantos? Aug 23, 2010

Thank you Oscar.

The nearest hotels I've found was in Alcobendas or 3 Cantos. Is this one nearer La Riviera?

I've checked in the map and it seems that La Riviera is outside Madrid, is it right?

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Any hotel near the Palacio Real Aug 23, 2010

La Riviera is just to the East of the "Puente de Segovia", which is just some 500 m away from the Palacio Real, I think. Not much more. So any hotel near the Palacio Real or the Teatro Real will do nicely. You can just walk down the calle Segovia and get there in a moment.

Oscar's suggestion is a good one I think.

To get to the La Riviera you can also take Line 6 to Puerta del Ángel, cross the bridge on foot and be in La Riviera in a couple of minutes. Line 6 connects to the North of the city. You could for instance look for a hotel in streets Alberto Aguilera or Paseo de la Princesa, not too far from the metro station named "Argüelles". That links to Puerta del Ángel directly.

Of course there is no need to go to Alcobendas at all! Alcobendas is some 20 km away from the center! I would suggest you use Google Maps to look for hotels in the area. Quite simple. Go to maps.google.com; look for "Puente de Segovia Madrid" (La Riviera is just on the Eastern side of the bridge, by the river); zoom out and do a search for "Hotel" on the Eastern side of the river. You can see the Palacio Real and the Campo del Moro just NE of the La Riviera.

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
No!!! Aug 23, 2010

Ivana de Sousa Santos wrote:
I've checked in the map and it seems that La Riviera is outside Madrid, is it right?

Now, let's get this straight. You mean that you have to go here: www.salariviera.com, right?

Portugal
French to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great! Aug 23, 2010

I've checked the google maps and that's where I got the information. I probable didn't see it right :S

Thank you both for the informationicon_smile.gif

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
"Calle La Riviera" Aug 23, 2010

Hm... I think you probably looked for La Riviera and got to "Calle La Riviera" somehow. But that street it just about 10 km away from the Sala La Riviera!icon_smile.gif

[Edited at 2010-08-23 09:13 GMT]

Portugal
French to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sala la Riviera, right Aug 23, 2010

I opened google maps from the Riviera site itself. But I probably messed everything up.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need help for hotel in Madrid

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search