Off topic: Problemas con el archivo Word traducido en Trados
Thread poster: Vitoko
Apr 6, 2011

Hola gente, soy nuevo en esto de usar trados, y mi problema es que al terminar la traducción el archivo word resultante queda desconfigurado, me refiero a que no respeta el formato del archivo y no he podido arreglarlo, si alguien sabe cómo por favor ayúdenme, mil gracias!

Direct link Reply with quote

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:17
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Particulars? Apr 6, 2011

Trados version?

If 2007,
open the Workbench,
open TagEditor,
open the file and
translate to fuzzy.

You already translated the document so your translation is in the memory. The fuzzy function will apply the translated segments automatically; however, it will stop on each target (yellow) segment where formatting is different from source. Study the source segment, see what tags it has, and where, and insert them with copy/paste on the target segment. Continue and repeat for each segment where tags are missing and the application stops.

Before doing this and since you are new to Trados, set aside one hour and read at least the TagEditor section of the manual, and the TagEditor process flowchart there. Based on that, decide how you wish to save the file when you are done, as bilingual or as target, depending on your needs.

Lastly, I cannot stress enough the need for thoroughly reading the manuals, and for practicing, before attempting to undertake any project in Trados.

---
This is not the right forum for this topic. It should be in the SDL Trados forum, and in English. You would get many more responses.

[Edited at 2011-04-06 11:57 GMT]

Vitoko
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Apr 7, 2011

Luisa thanks for your help, although the Trados I'm using is Trados Studio 2009 your comment was really helpful

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:17
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Trados forum Apr 7, 2011

There is plenty of advice in the Trados forum about almost every situation imaginable in Studio. There are knowledgeable colleagues, experts, always willing to help, but since your post is in Spanish, I am sure they missed it. My advice is to search the Trados forum or ask again, this time in English.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problemas con el archivo Word traducido en Trados

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search