https://www.proz.com/forum/spanish/26631-busco_librer%EDa_en_madrid_que_venda_diccionarios_especializados.html

Busco librería en Madrid que venda diccionarios especializados
Thread poster: Ltemes
Ltemes
Ltemes  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 14, 2004

Estimados prozianos,

Dentro de poco me toca viajar a Madrid a ver a la familia y necesito actualizar algunos de mis diccionarios.

Aparte de la Casa del Libro y la FNAC, me gustaría saber si algún proziano madrileño conoce alguna librería que venda diccionarios bilingues especializados. Busco, entre otros, el Diccionario Politécnico de Beigbeder. Os agradezco desde ya cualquier sugerencia que tengais.

teju
teju  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
An option Nov 14, 2004

You may already be familiar with this website, but just in case you're not, I've copied the email that I received when they changed names from ibd to InTrans Book. It's a mail order book store just for translators. The owner is available for specific questions you may have, including ordering something that they don't have. I can't help you with the info you wanted about book stores in Madrid, maybe someone else can do that, but I hope this was also helpful to you, or to others. I buy most of my... See more
You may already be familiar with this website, but just in case you're not, I've copied the email that I received when they changed names from ibd to InTrans Book. It's a mail order book store just for translators. The owner is available for specific questions you may have, including ordering something that they don't have. I can't help you with the info you wanted about book stores in Madrid, maybe someone else can do that, but I hope this was also helpful to you, or to others. I buy most of my books from him. For those of you who are ATA members, you may have met him at the conferences, he always sets up a table.

Mr. Lankhof's email, partially:

This time no new book information, but an important announcement:

For the past 15 years I have operated and run i.b.d., Ltd., a mail order book store specializing in a
broad variety of general and specialized dictionaries and related material for the study of
languages. In those 15 years many things in the market place have changed and subsequently
altered the nature of my business. More and more I became focused on the idea that I wanted to
be a service to the professional translator and interpreter and solely cater to their needs.

It is therefor with great pleasure that I announce the birth of a new business called InTrans Book
Service. i.b.d., Ltd. will close its door as of May 31, 2004, but as of April 15th, all business will
be conducted in the name of InTrans Book Service. Other than a change of name it will not
affect the continuation of the business relationship I had or will have with you.

In the first few months, I will focus on mainly Spanish and English language
publications, and continue to have titles in those languages available for sale on my web site and
at the conferences that I attend. Also, I will have a limited offering of German tiles. The lists of
French, Italian and Portuguese titles will be revisited and hopefully in the second half of this year
new titles will be available again.

Until the first of May, the web site will remain the same, as of May first, you will be
automatically redirected to the new site. The new address will be www.intransbooks.com and as
of same date my new e-mail address will be [email protected]

1-800-343-3531

With kind regards,

Freek Lankhof

InTrans Book Service
P.O. Box 467
Kinderhook, NY 12106

Tel. 518 758 1755
Fax: 518 758 6702
Collapse

Mamie (X)
Mamie (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:54
French to Spanish
+ ...
Librería francesa. Nov 14, 2004

Hola ltemes.Hay en Madrid dos librerías franco españolas

AVELLAN,está en C/Duque de Sesto,5. 28009 Madrid.Tel.9157642 44
lalibrairiefranç[email protected]
avellan@lalibrairiefrançaise.com

Librería El Bosque C/Añastro,15. 28033 Madrid. Tel.91 383 11 39
... See more
Hola ltemes.Hay en Madrid dos librerías franco españolas

AVELLAN,está en C/Duque de Sesto,5. 28009 Madrid.Tel.9157642 44
lalibrairiefranç[email protected]
avellan@lalibrairiefrançaise.com

Librería El Bosque C/Añastro,15. 28033 Madrid. Tel.91 383 11 39
[email protected]

Que yo sepa son las mas importantes.

Podrías ponerte en contacto con ellas y, si no lo tienen, quizas te lo puedan pedir para cuando vengas.

Suerte y Bon voyage!
Collapse

Mamie (X)
Spain
French to Spanish
+ ...
Continua... Nov 14, 2004

No se si lo que quieres es frances o ingles.Ambas tienen permiso de importación y te lo podran conseguir, o en todo caso te indicarán donde dirigirte.

Mamie (X)
Spain
French to Spanish
+ ...
Hay otra Nov 14, 2004

Se trata de la librería CRISOL. Hay varias, yo conozco la de la Castellana y la de C/ Lope de hoyos.

peixe
peixe
Local time: 14:54
Member (2005)
Portuguese to Spanish
+ ...
La Casa del Diccionario Nov 14, 2004

O nombre parecido está en la calle Andrés Mellado (Metro de Moncloa), esquina creo que a Meléndez Valdés. Es una casa (creo que la única) dedicada solo a diccionarios. Sin desmerecer, claro es, los otros mencionados por prozianos. Yo personalmente prefiero ir a Andrés Mellado. Suerte.

Ltemes
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Gracias!! Nov 15, 2004

Queridos colegas,

Gracias por la información. Mami, mis idiomas de traducción son el inglés>español y español>inglés, con lo cual me temo que en una librería francesa seguramente no tendrían los diccionarios que a mi me interesan. Pero igualmente te agradezco mucho por la información.

Peixe, gracias a tí también. Buscaba precisamente ese tipo de lugar, por casualidad no tendrías el teléfono...?

Teju, gracias a tí también. Conozco bien el si
... See more
Queridos colegas,

Gracias por la información. Mami, mis idiomas de traducción son el inglés>español y español>inglés, con lo cual me temo que en una librería francesa seguramente no tendrían los diccionarios que a mi me interesan. Pero igualmente te agradezco mucho por la información.

Peixe, gracias a tí también. Buscaba precisamente ese tipo de lugar, por casualidad no tendrías el teléfono...?

Teju, gracias a tí también. Conozco bien el sitio de InTrans y ya he comprado diccionarios de él anteriormente pero ya que viajo a Madrid quería ahorrarme un poco de dinero y comprarme allí los diccionarios, ya que muchos se imprimen en España o son de editoriales españolas, con lo cual espero ahorrarme un dinerito y también los gastos de envío.

Gracias de nuevo y un saludo!
Collapse

tazdog (X)
tazdog (X)
Spain
Local time: 14:54
Spanish to English
+ ...
Don Libro Nov 15, 2004

La "Casa del Diccionario" mencionado por peixe se llama "Don Libro". Aquí tienes los datos:

“DON LIBRO”
C/ ANDRES MELLADO, 29
(ESQ.MELENDEZ VALDES)
28015 MADRID
TEL. 915447070
FAX: 915494610

He comprado la mayoría de mis diccionarios en dicha tienda.

Suerte,
Cindy

Ltemes
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
GRACIAS!!!!!!!! Nov 18, 2004

Cindy Chadd wrote:

La "Casa del Diccionario" mencionado por peixe se llama "Don Libro". Aquí tienes los datos:

“DON LIBRO”
C/ ANDRES MELLADO, 29
(ESQ.MELENDEZ VALDES)
28015 MADRID
TEL. 915447070
FAX: 915494610

He comprado la mayoría de mis diccionarios en dicha tienda.

Suerte,
Cindy

Cindy,

¡Mil gracias!

Vi tu respuesta hace unos días pero con el trajín de preparar esto del viaje casi se me olvida darte las gracias. Ya llamé por teléfono a la librería y pregunté por el horario, así que asunto resuelto.

Un saludo y gracias nuevamente,
Laura

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Busco librería en Madrid que venda diccionarios especializados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »