Thread poster: Francis Icaza
Francis Icaza
Francis Icaza
United States
Local time: 11:33
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 6, 2002

For reasons that are (thank goodness) not relevant, I had occasion to cut and paste a passage from a dissertation by Churchill at this site at one time.

I re-read the posting by trixiemck (on dignity of some days ago) and I feel these words may tender strength, to you Mónica and to all who face such pain:

\"But for everyone, surely, this is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never. In nothing, great or small, large or petty -
... See more
For reasons that are (thank goodness) not relevant, I had occasion to cut and paste a passage from a dissertation by Churchill at this site at one time.

I re-read the posting by trixiemck (on dignity of some days ago) and I feel these words may tender strength, to you Mónica and to all who face such pain:

\"But for everyone, surely, this is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never. In nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.\"

Imagination.

F.
Collapse

Aurora Humarán (X)
Aurora Humarán (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 12:33
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hermosas palabras... Jun 6, 2002

Hay tantas frases hermosas de Churchill...

Mi preferida es:

\"Perdí la mitad de mi vida

preocupándome por cosas

que nunca ocurrieron\".

Sería bueno vivir con esas palabras bien aprendidas, no?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sir Winston

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »