https://www.proz.com/forum/spanish/58012-lower_tax_rates_in_spain_and_latin_america.html

Lower tax rates in Spain and Latin America?
Thread poster: Kobe Vander Beken
Kobe Vander Beken
Kobe Vander Beken  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 16:34
English to Dutch
+ ...
Oct 21, 2006

Hola,

Hace poco hubo una pregunta similar a esta de Tim Van den Oudenhoven. Es un traductor belga, trabajando en Belgica. Como Bélgica es uno de los paises donde mas impuestos se pagan, se preguntó como era la situación en otros paises de la UE o en otros paises en el mundo, ej: latino america.
En Bélgica pagamos mas o menos 60% de impuestos... lo que es bastante. Y las ve
... See more
Hola,

Hace poco hubo una pregunta similar a esta de Tim Van den Oudenhoven. Es un traductor belga, trabajando en Belgica. Como Bélgica es uno de los paises donde mas impuestos se pagan, se preguntó como era la situación en otros paises de la UE o en otros paises en el mundo, ej: latino america.
En Bélgica pagamos mas o menos 60% de impuestos... lo que es bastante. Y las ventajas para un autónoma no son tantas.
http://www.proz.com/topic/57382
Collapse

Thomas Dihrberg
Thomas Dihrberg  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:34
Spanish to German
+ ...
impuestos Oct 21, 2006

Hola Kobe,
los impuestos dependen de tus ingresos. Aqui en España no tienes obligacion presentar la declaracion de renta si ganas poco y solo tienes una fuente de ingresos. Pero nunca llegas al 60%, ya que el porcentaje mas alto ronda sobre los 55%, pero entonces tienes suerte, porque ganas demasiado. Lo normal para un autonomo estará en un 20 a 25%.
De todas maneras me parece bastante alto, pagar un 60% en Belgica....
saludos Thomas

Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Seguridad Social Oct 21, 2006

hay que tomar en cuenta también el gasto en lo que llaman Seguridad Social en España, que para los autónomos, es bastante alto, tocando los 250 euros el mes.

Latin_Hellas (X)
Latin_Hellas (X)
United States
Italian to English
+ ...
Intuition Tells Me Oct 22, 2006

Hi Kobe,

We'd have to do a bit of research to know the precise numbers, but intuition tells me that overall tax rates (income, social security, VAT, property taxes) are lower in Latin America than in Spain by virtue of the fact that usually you get what you pay for in this world and I know that government (public) services are generally of higher quality in Spain than in most of Latin America, maybe with the exception of Argentina and Chile, but I doubt it (in at least some Lat
... See more
Hi Kobe,

We'd have to do a bit of research to know the precise numbers, but intuition tells me that overall tax rates (income, social security, VAT, property taxes) are lower in Latin America than in Spain by virtue of the fact that usually you get what you pay for in this world and I know that government (public) services are generally of higher quality in Spain than in most of Latin America, maybe with the exception of Argentina and Chile, but I doubt it (in at least some Latin America countries there is no universal government pension scheme, for example).

I have lived in Spain and now on and off in a Latin American country (but long enough in either to be taxed), I love both, and with all due respect to Latin America (on the contrary, I prefer to live in Latin America compared to Spain for various reasons), Spain has again become a "great" country, among the top ten or fifteen in the world by many measures and gaining relative to some other European countries, so, again, intuition tells me that tax rates are going to be higher, though almost certainly less than in northern Europe (as some have already alluded to) where they are probably excessive (good services, but not worth such a high price).

One way to research information on tax rates in any country is to go the website of one of the big five international accounting firms:
1 - KPMG Peat Marwick
2 - Ernst & Young
3 - Deloitte & Touche
4 - Price Waterhouse Coopers
5 - Grant Thornton.

They often have downloadable publications entitled something like "Doing Business In (name of country)" which include detailed information on both corporate and personal taxes, and possibly property tax rates.
You could also try visiting the equivalent of the finance ministry site of your target countries. Of course, the easiest would be to have an expert lay it all for you on a nice, clean spreadsheet.

I hope this helps
Collapse

María José Iglesias
María José Iglesias  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
En Italia Oct 22, 2006

En Italia, donde paradójicamente las tarifas no son entre las más altas en Europa, yo tendré que pagar el año que viene cerca del 53% del imponible, un porcentaje que me parece altísimo.

Latin_Hellas (X)
Latin_Hellas (X)
United States
Italian to English
+ ...
En Italia, màs que altísimo Oct 23, 2006

Según la experiencia de muchos que conosco, ser residente en Italia es suicidio fiscal almenos que uno sea independientemente rico y haga las traducciones como pasatiempo.

Ya, se trata de una exageración, pero casi.

Buena suerte

Kobe Vander Beken
Kobe Vander Beken  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 16:34
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Gracias Oct 25, 2006

Bueno gracias a todos por sus respuestas
kobe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lower tax rates in Spain and Latin America?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »