Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:57
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 16, 2007

Hola

Me gustaría establecer contacto con gente con el perfíl siguiente:

Preferiblemente residente en España, en el Reino Unido/Irlanda (o la UE)

Nativo/a en español o inglés

Con licenciatura en derecho y/o un degree en law

Con un año (o más) de practicas y/o estudios en el campo en el país contrario (es decir, un(a) español(a) con licenciatura en derecho que ha estudiado o que ha hecho practicas en el Reino Unido/Irlanda,
... See more
Hola

Me gustaría establecer contacto con gente con el perfíl siguiente:

Preferiblemente residente en España, en el Reino Unido/Irlanda (o la UE)

Nativo/a en español o inglés

Con licenciatura en derecho y/o un degree en law

Con un año (o más) de practicas y/o estudios en el campo en el país contrario (es decir, un(a) español(a) con licenciatura en derecho que ha estudiado o que ha hecho practicas en el Reino Unido/Irlanda, o un(a) ingles(a) que ha estudiado o que ha hecho practicas en España)

Con estudios en y/o experimentada en la traducción de textos legales/juridicas, etc.

Y idealmente: que ha hecho algún estudio comparativo / de la traducción entre los sistemas de derecho de los dos ambitos.

Ailish
Collapse

Catherine Reay
Catherine Reay  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
I think I meet your criteria Jan 17, 2007

Hello,

I am resident in Spain.

I am British.

I have a degree in L.LB Law and Spanish from the University of Wales, Cardiff.

The third year of my four year course was spent studying law as an Erasmus student at the Unviersidad Pontificia Comillas in Madrid.

The majority of my work as a freelance translator is legal texts.

My university dissertation involved a comparative study of the laws of succession in Spain and Grea
... See more
Hello,

I am resident in Spain.

I am British.

I have a degree in L.LB Law and Spanish from the University of Wales, Cardiff.

The third year of my four year course was spent studying law as an Erasmus student at the Unviersidad Pontificia Comillas in Madrid.

The majority of my work as a freelance translator is legal texts.

My university dissertation involved a comparative study of the laws of succession in Spain and Great Britain entitled "The significance of the Denney Case on the Doctrine of Renvoi".

Let me know if this is suitable!!

Regards,
Katy
Collapse

Lia Fail (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Catherine:-) Jan 18, 2007

I'm away for a few days but I'll write a mail to you when I get back:-)

Ailish

Rebecca Jowers
Rebecca Jowers  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Denney Case Jan 18, 2007

I teach legal English in the Law School at the Universidad Carlos III and use the Denney Case in my lessons on successions terminology. Is your thesis available on-line or otherwise published in an accessible format? (pdf file, perhaps?) If so, I would very much enjoy reading it . I am always on the lookout for Spanish legal terminology sources, especially when written by native-English speakers who are experts in the field of law. Also, if you could point me to other sources in which you belie... See more
I teach legal English in the Law School at the Universidad Carlos III and use the Denney Case in my lessons on successions terminology. Is your thesis available on-line or otherwise published in an accessible format? (pdf file, perhaps?) If so, I would very much enjoy reading it . I am always on the lookout for Spanish legal terminology sources, especially when written by native-English speakers who are experts in the field of law. Also, if you could point me to other sources in which you believe Spanish successions terminology has been rendered appropriately rather than literally, I would really appreciate your input.

Thanks in advance.

Saludos desde Madrid,

Becky
Collapse

Lia Fail (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Rebecca and Catherine Jan 22, 2007

I'm run off my feet, as I've been away a lot and have a huge backlog, but when I get a chance I will write to both via email, OK:-)

Ailish

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

se busca...(campo del derecho)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »