Off topic: LA TRADUCCIÓN LITERAL AL INGLÉS (RAMON WRITES)
Thread poster: Robert INGLEDEW

Robert INGLEDEW  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 02:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 31, 2003

Hola a todos.

Aprovechando un momento de ocio (luego vendrán los consabidos apuros de mis clientes), quiero reproducir otro fragmento de esta obra maestra de la literatura Spanglish. Fue durante años una sección humorística del Buenos Aires Herald, y luego publicado en forma de libro en 1994. Este párrafo se refiere al regreso de un turista del extranjero, con los supuestos regalos que todos esperan:

But then began the bundles. When we get home Esther she says to me: \"The trunks when do they come?\" I say soon. In the trunks I am not interested. Already I am thinking of the Jennifer, of Morag, Sylvana, Lucille, Zulema aned the others. But I sit up suddently when Esther, culminated of excitement, says: \"I wait that the trunks don´t delay for I am that anxious to see my new coat of skins.\"

I think to myself: Sapristi! as used to say Silvana. The coat of skins! Not what a bundle there arms itself!...

Para que se rían un poco.

Roberto

[ This Message was edited by: Translations on 2003-03-31 19:54]

Direct link Reply with quote

Robert INGLEDEW  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 02:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OTRO PÁRRAFO GRACIOSO Mar 31, 2003

We stayed ourselves there for a long while, chatting. By coincidence we met two friends from the faculty of one of which it was the birthday. We felicitated him and invited them to the table to celebrate. The boy who was complying years also studies the English and we talked together much.

He is very studious. He speaks also the German and the French and touches the piano a marvel. In one time he used to play the rugby but then he broke the collar...

[ This Message was edited by: Translations on 2003-03-31 17:35]

nimrodtran
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
¿Aquí es la academia de inglés? Apr 2, 2003

If, if, between...

nimrodtran
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
No puedo resistirlo... Apr 3, 2003

Un balazo lo tumbó

en Thames y Triunvirato

Se mudó a un barrio vecino,

el de la Quinta del Ñato

Jorge Luis Borges

A big bullet graved him

at Tamesis and Triumvirate

he muted to a neighbor neighborhood,

that of the Flat-nosed\'s 5th

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

LA TRADUCCIÓN LITERAL AL INGLÉS (RAMON WRITES)

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search