Thread poster: Patricia Rosas

Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:50
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 9, 2009

Hi, everyone!

Yesterday, I started having an odd thing happen with DNS 10. When I say "which," it types "whichh". It happened consistently, so I went to the Word menu and to "view/edit" but the vocabulary list doesn't contain a "whichh" (I though I'd just delete it if I found it there).

Now, today, it happened with "another" -- "anotherr".

I suppose that it won't be hard to remove these with a global search and replace, but does anyone know WHY this is happening and of course, how to make it stop?!

Thanks,
Patricia

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:50
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
What application? Oct 9, 2009

Just for future visitors, can you tell us what application are you using DNS with?

I had some problems with DNS 10 and Trados TagEditor, but it worlks fast and beautiful in MemoQ, for instance.

United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Word 2007 Oct 9, 2009

Tomás,

My apologies for not including that info! I am simply working in Word 2007 (on Vista) without any other applications.

Thanks,
Patricia

United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Exclusion Dictionary Oct 9, 2009

I suddenly noticed that the Dragon bar was spelling these words correctly and that Word 2007 was "correcting" them (to whichh and anotherr). So, I muddled about until I found an article on Exclusion Dictionaries. Took a bit of work, but I finally found mine (it was empty) and I added these two words and the problem is fixed.

Here's the link to the article that explains how to edit your Exclusion Dictionary:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/ExcludeWordFromDic.htm

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DNS 10 is adding extra characters at the end of words

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search