Does Dragon Naturally Speaking v.11 work with Word 2000?
Thread poster: philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
Oct 29, 2010

I've been trying to get an answer to this simple question from Nuance, the company that makes Dragon, but their sales support is hopeless. They told me that it only supports Word 2003 and later. I said does that mean it won't work with Word 2000, or simply that they won't provide technical support, and they said they didn't know and they'd get back to me. But they didn't.

Can anyone help, please? And if DNS is not compatible with Word 2000, which is the latest version that is?

Thanks very much.

Direct link Reply with quote

philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
. Oct 29, 2010

Sorry, I've know found out that the answer is yes, it is compatible. Can I delete this post?

Peter Linton  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:31
Member (2002)
Swedish to English
+ ...
A suggestion Oct 29, 2010

Before you delete, a quick suggestion. A couple of years ago I decided to upgrade from 2000 to 2003. I discovered to my surprise that if I bought that ancient and now very cheap software called Microsoft Works, the word processing package included was in fact Microsoft Word 2003 -- which I am still happily using with Dragon. Worth investigating.

philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I didn't know that. Oct 29, 2010

But isn't Microsoft Works free with Windows?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does Dragon Naturally Speaking v.11 work with Word 2000?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search