Thread poster: Dawn Montague
Dawn Montague
Dawn Montague  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:41
German to English
+ ...
Jun 11, 2011

I am thinking about trying out Fluency translation software, but want to know if anyone has tried it with Dragon Naturally Speaking, and whether Dragon will work in Fluency. I can get a 14-day free trial of Fluency and try it myself, but would like to hear about others' experience.

Dawn Montague
Dawn Montague  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:41
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
MS Speech Recognition works great Jun 11, 2011

Commenting on my own post since no one has responded - Fluency too new?
Anyway, I tried MS Speech Recognition (Windows 7) with the trial version of Fluency and it works like a dream.

Vert-ical Tr (X)
Vert-ical Tr (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 19:41
Dutch to English
+ ...
I use Dragon Medical with Fluency Jun 15, 2011

Hello Dawn,

I started using Fluency a couple of months ago and more recently, in combination with DNS. Dictating into the Target Text pane works seamlessly, although I find that a combination of dictation and use of the keyboard for commands works best for me (I also use Windows 7). I am finding Fluency to be a very straightforward and easy-to-use TenT and plan to continue using it in combination with DNS Medical in the future. You are right about it being a new system, but I unders
... See more
Hello Dawn,

I started using Fluency a couple of months ago and more recently, in combination with DNS. Dictating into the Target Text pane works seamlessly, although I find that a combination of dictation and use of the keyboard for commands works best for me (I also use Windows 7). I am finding Fluency to be a very straightforward and easy-to-use TenT and plan to continue using it in combination with DNS Medical in the future. You are right about it being a new system, but I understand it is being continuously improved. Hopefully there will come a time when TenT & SR is as normal as peanut butter & jelly

Good luck!

Kim
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Compatibility of Fluency and DNS

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »