Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:33
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 30, 2011

Hi everybody,
I am thinking to buy DNS 11 pro to use it with Trados studio 2011.
I already have DNS 10, which has some problems when used in Trados Studio (doesn't capitalize the first letter and is pretty slow).
I would like to know if someone has tested the latest version of DNS on Trados Studio 2011 and if it works well.
Thank you very much for your help.
Bruno

Direct link Reply with quote

Peter Linton  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:33
Member (2002)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Yes, works fine Oct 31, 2011

I have DNS 11.5 and Trados 2011. Work fine together.
Still no capitalisation of the first word in a sentence.
Speed is adequate. Dragon 11.5 recommended – an improvement on the already much improved Dragon 11.

Tom Fennell
United States
Local time: 07:33
Russian to English
+ ...
Similar performance with Studio 11 Nov 10, 2011

Same performance, same problems.

I spoke to SDL development people at the ATA conference and they noted:

1. Their lack of compliance with MAPI speech recognition standard. I described to them the problems (lack of capitalization, slower speed, etc.) that result.

2. Studio 11 seems to have a memory leak associated with adding terms to the termbase. After a while (30-60 minutes of work), this can slow down speech recognition and even typing significantly. The problem is solved by rebooting Studio, which is usually not a big deal, but annoying. SDL has noted the error and promises to fix it in the first service pack.

Annemarie Mattheyse  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:33
French to English
+ ...
French speakers: missing accents Mar 1, 2012

French translators: do you also experience the problem of missing accents aigus when using Dragon 11 with Trados Studio 11? If so, does anyone know a solution for this (rather annoying) problem?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DNS 11 and Trados 2011

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search