Sophie Dzhygir  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:05
Member (2007)
German to French
+ ...
Nov 3, 2011

Hi all,

I am a new user of Dragon; I hope my questions have not been answered before, at least I couldn't find the answers...

1/ Do you know how to set Dragon to use unbreakable spaces instead of simple spaces, for instance with some punctuations signs?

2/ How can I change definitely the spelling of a word that already exists in the vocabulary? For instance, "cœur" is recognized fine, but it is spelled "coeur". I have corrected it but Dragon keeps writing "coeur". Where can I change that? Haven't found it icon_frown.gif

Thanks in advance!

David Turnbull
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:05
Italian to English
Don't know but interested! Nov 3, 2011

As far as I can tell there is no way to use a hard (non-breaking/unbreakable) space using Dragon Naturally Speaking 11. All the things I've seen online refer to earlier versions, though it would be quite puzzling if they had removed this function in the latest version.

It would be really useful, so I hope someone can enlighten us.

Heike Behl, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:05
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Dictionary modification Nov 3, 2011

Sophie Dzhygir wrote:

2/ How can I change definitely the spelling of a word that already exists in the vocabulary? For instance, "cœur" is recognized fine, but it is spelled "coeur". I have corrected it but Dragon keeps writing "coeur". Where can I change that? Haven't found it icon_frown.gif

Thanks in advance!

You can edit the dictionary. Delete the undesired spelling and add the word in the preferred spelling.

[Edited at 2011-11-03 17:24 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unbreakable space + change of spelling [Dragon]

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search