Sophie Dzhygir  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:37
Member (2007)
German to French
+ ...
Nov 3, 2011

Hi all,

I am a new user of Dragon; I hope my questions have not been answered before, at least I couldn't find the answers...

1/ Do you know how to set Dragon to use unbreakable spaces instead of simple spaces, for instance with some punctuations signs?

2/ How can I change definitely the spelling of a word that already exists in the vocabulary? For instance, "cœur" is recognized fine, but it is spelled "coeur". I have corrected it but Dragon keeps writing "coeur". Where can I change that? Haven't found it icon_frown.gif

Thanks in advance!

David Turnbull
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:37
Italian to English
Don't know but interested! Nov 3, 2011

As far as I can tell there is no way to use a hard (non-breaking/unbreakable) space using Dragon Naturally Speaking 11. All the things I've seen online refer to earlier versions, though it would be quite puzzling if they had removed this function in the latest version.

It would be really useful, so I hope someone can enlighten us.

Heike Behl, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:37
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Dictionary modification Nov 3, 2011

Sophie Dzhygir wrote:

2/ How can I change definitely the spelling of a word that already exists in the vocabulary? For instance, "cœur" is recognized fine, but it is spelled "coeur". I have corrected it but Dragon keeps writing "coeur". Where can I change that? Haven't found it icon_frown.gif

Thanks in advance!

You can edit the dictionary. Delete the undesired spelling and add the word in the preferred spelling.

[Edited at 2011-11-03 17:24 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unbreakable space + change of spelling [Dragon]

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search