https://www.proz.com/forum/speech_recognition/237397-dns_12_does_the_home_version_work_with_trados_studio_2009_11.html

DNS 12: Does the home version work with Trados Studio 2009/11?
Thread poster: Caroline Lakey
Caroline Lakey
Caroline Lakey  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:55
French to English
Nov 15, 2012

Hi,
I'm considering buying DNS 12 for use with Trados Studio 2009, and later possibly 2011.
As I only need to dictate in one language, the rep suggests that the Home version would be sufficient generally, but isn't sure about Trados compatibility. Does anyone know whether the Home version will work, or do I need to go for the Premium version?
Thanks,
Caroline

PS My apologies to those who have also read this question on the SFT list!
PPS Edited for typo
... See more
Hi,
I'm considering buying DNS 12 for use with Trados Studio 2009, and later possibly 2011.
As I only need to dictate in one language, the rep suggests that the Home version would be sufficient generally, but isn't sure about Trados compatibility. Does anyone know whether the Home version will work, or do I need to go for the Premium version?
Thanks,
Caroline

PS My apologies to those who have also read this question on the SFT list!
PPS Edited for typo

[Edited at 2012-11-15 12:45 GMT]
Collapse

Tom Hamilton
Tom Hamilton
Local time: 17:55
English
Home Version Nov 15, 2012

I strongly suggest against the Home Version. It is more of a speech recognition appetizer and is quite crippled. It lacks macro capability and worst of all it's NOT UPGRADABLE so every new version will require a full copy. This also means any changes you make to your vocabulary and user profile will be a complete waste of time.

Tom Hamilton
KnowBrainer.com

Caroline Lakey
Caroline Lakey  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:55
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the info Nov 16, 2012

Thanks for this Tom - I was moving towards the premium edition so you've confirmed my thinking!
Caroline

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DNS 12: Does the home version work with Trados Studio 2009/11?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »