Dragon 12 compatibility issues with Trados (Tag Editor, SDLX)
Thread poster: Florence Lesur

Florence Lesur  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:17
English to French
+ ...
Nov 16, 2012

Hello,

I just upgraded to Dragon Naturally Speaking Premium 12 on my Win7, and I keep encountering issues.

First with TagEditor: it showed a "Failed to create Java Virtual Machine" when I opened a TTX file, then crashed when there were tags in the segment. I found a workaround, though: exit DNS, open Workbench & TagEditor, then reopen DNS.

Now I have a different kind of problem with SDLX. There’s no way to open the TM. I get the message: "The translation could not be opened. Ensure that it is a valid SDLX memory and that it has the correct rights (read/write)." I have tried several things, bar desinstalling the applications, to no avail.

Did you have the same problem? Do you know how to fix it?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Florence

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dragon 12 compatibility issues with Trados (Tag Editor, SDLX)

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search