How do I install Dragon 10 SPANISH on Win7 - Nuance says 4-year-old version no longer suported!
Thread poster: Claudia Alvis

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 19:50
Spanish
+ ...
Jan 28, 2013

I want to install Dragon 10 Spanish on my Win7 computer. In order to do that, Nuance sent me a link to download a patched version (10.1) but the installation doesn't include the Spanish files, only English (DragonPreferred10.1ENX_078.exe).

I called tech service and they pretty much told me that there's no link for Dragon 10.1 Spanish because it's no longer supported. That means I can't install a program released 4 years ago (on August 7, 2008, according to Wikipedia).

That can't be right! Has someone managed to install Dragon 10 Spanish on a Win7 system?

Claudia

[Edited at 2013-01-28 17:37 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Tom Hamilton
Local time: 18:50
English
Spanish a 10.1 patch Jan 28, 2013

It's entirely possible that a Spanish 10.1 patch was never even released but either way it's unlikely that you're going to find it now. Version 10 can't be installed on any Windows 7 computer. Your only real option is to purchase an upgrade to Ver. 12.

Tom Hamilton
KnowBrainer.com

Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:50
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Try Windows XP mode Jan 28, 2013

Have you tried installing your original program (not the Nuance update) it in Windows 7, most XP programs run on 7, if you've tried and it didn't work you should be able to install the program and run it in Windows XP mode

You can see how here
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/install-and-use-windows-xp-mode-in-windows-7

[Edited at 2013-01-28 21:01 GMT]

Peru
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
There is an update Jan 30, 2013

Thank you both for your responses. It turned out, there is a Spanish 10.1 patch but it only comes as a physical copy and, like Tom said, I doubt they'll release it again. Apparently Nuance doesn't have that information anymore (I called both Nuance US and UK). Fortunately, I got a hold of a copy and it worked with my license.

Claudia

Peru
Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update on topic Jan 31, 2013

I was contacted by Nuance USA about this issue. They did send me a patch for 64-bit systems, although according to their message, it's not compatible with Office 2010 (dictation still works but the commands might not).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I install Dragon 10 SPANISH on Win7 - Nuance says 4-year-old version no longer suported!

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search