https://www.proz.com/forum/speech_recognition/281233-does_dragon_naturally_speaking_home_edition_work_with_memoq_and_wordfast_anywhere.html

Does Dragon Naturally Speaking Home Edition work with MemoQ and Wordfast Anywhere?
Thread poster: Vivien Green
Vivien Green
Vivien Green  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
Feb 2, 2015

I am thinking of buying this software as several colleagues have recommended it. One of them uses the home edition and seems to think it is sufficient for a professional translator. I tend to work in MS Word, MemoQ and Wordfast Anywhere (although I use WFA this less these days) and just wanted to ask if anyone knows of any issues when working with these CAT tools?

Tom Hamilton
Tom Hamilton
Local time: 14:52
English
DNS Home Edition. Feb 9, 2015

The Dragon NaturallySpeaking Home Edition shouldn't be used by anyone that is serious about speech recognition. It definitely shouldn't be used for professional work. We never recommend anyone to use less than NaturallySpeaking Premium. The biggest reason for this is every time a new version (version 11, V12, 13 Etc.) comes out you have to start all over again and any changes you make (Custom words, custom phrases, your user profile etc.) are lost.

Tom Hamilton
... See more
The Dragon NaturallySpeaking Home Edition shouldn't be used by anyone that is serious about speech recognition. It definitely shouldn't be used for professional work. We never recommend anyone to use less than NaturallySpeaking Premium. The biggest reason for this is every time a new version (version 11, V12, 13 Etc.) comes out you have to start all over again and any changes you make (Custom words, custom phrases, your user profile etc.) are lost.

Tom Hamilton - KnowBrainer.com
Collapse

Vivien Green
Vivien Green  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Tom Feb 10, 2015

I bought the home version on Sunday so I'm going to work with it for the time being. As I said, a colleague uses it professionally and has never had any issues and seemingly hasn't needed to change versions very often. Do you know if it is possible to upgrade without paying the full price of the professional software if the personal version does turn out to be inadequate?

Tom Hamilton
Tom Hamilton
Local time: 14:52
English
Upgrade Feb 25, 2015

Vivien,

Sorry but there is no upgrade from the Home Edition to the Premium or Professional Editions. All NaturallySpeaking products do have a 30 day return policy. If you decide to take advantage of additional features I'd recommend returning the Home addition and using that money towards the purchase of Premium or Professional.

Tom Hamilton - KnowBrainer.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does Dragon Naturally Speaking Home Edition work with MemoQ and Wordfast Anywhere?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »