AHK script to access all of Dragon Dictate's "Full Text Control" commands in Java app?
Thread poster: Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer

Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:34
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Mar 30, 2015

Okay, here's the thing. I am using Dragon dictate inside a Java app. Dictation works great (in fact, I'm dictating with it right now), and a few of the commands work too, but apparently Dragon does not provide so-called "Full Text Control" (FTC) support for Java applications. This sucks though because my main translation app is a Java app.

So I had the following idea: if I need to do anything complicated, I could create an AHK script that would:

• select all text in the text box in my translation app (CafeTran)
• open notepad
• paste clipboard into that

At this stage, I would have "Full Text Control", and be able to access all of Dragon's commands (select, go to, move around, etc.). When finished here, I'd press a shortcut, which would continue my AHK script:

• select all the now edited text in notepad
• Alt+Tab (or via some other method) back to my translation app
• paste the edited text back into the text box.

So this is the rough idea. Can anyone here give me a few pointers on how to create this script?

Michael

PS: originally posted here: http://ahkscript.org/boards/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6926

Direct link Reply with quote

Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 13:34
English to German
Should be possible even without AHK. Mar 31, 2015

Michael Beijer wrote:

• select all text in the text box in my translation app (CafeTran)
• open notepad
• paste clipboard into that

One important step is missing: copy selected text to the Windows clipboard.

Anyway, Multifultor can perform all 4 steps automatically. See the manual, section 14 and don't feel unsure because of the word "glossary" there . A glossary in Notepad is just a plain text. So you can force MF to enter yor selected text snippet into Notepad and call this snippet "glossary entry". Sounds strange but is very simple.

Download: See my profile.

Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:34
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have decided to try it in "KnowBrainer 2015" Apr 18, 2015

Hi Rolf,

Thanks for the tip, and sorry for taking a while to reply. Been very busy here, what with my wife having a baby (any minute now) and buying our first house!

Anyway, I have since gone in a slightly different direction, having decided to buy "KnowBrainer 2015".

I am currently investigating two things:

(1) whether it is possible to get Dragon "Full Text Control" working in CafeTran (my Java CAT tool)(Java programs are notoriously inaccessible to Dragon).

and/or

(2) the workaround sketched in this thread, but using KnowBrainer 2015.

See my recent post over in the KnowBrainer forum:

Post: "Using DragonPad as a temporary text editor when working in a non-Full Text Control text box?"

some_text

xxx2nl  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:34
This sure looks promising May 9, 2015

This looks nice: a scriptable speech recognition:

Now I see how clever you are: you want to have both hands free to carry Juniper, while dictating your translations .

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

AHK script to access all of Dragon Dictate's "Full Text Control" commands in Java app?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search