Update on Voice Recognition software
Thread poster: JennyItaly
JennyItaly
JennyItaly
Local time: 06:26
Italian to English
Nov 25, 2019

Hi everybody,
Just wondering if there have been further updates as per the voice recognition software available or is Dragon still the only really viable option with SDL Studio.
I really need to switch to dictation where possible for health reasons, but I have read many conflicting reviews on DNS with Trados.
One question I had also was, I've watched many videos - mainly those posted by Nora Diaz (thanks for your time and patience by the way!) - but I see that the target boxes
... See more
Hi everybody,
Just wondering if there have been further updates as per the voice recognition software available or is Dragon still the only really viable option with SDL Studio.
I really need to switch to dictation where possible for health reasons, but I have read many conflicting reviews on DNS with Trados.
One question I had also was, I've watched many videos - mainly those posted by Nora Diaz (thanks for your time and patience by the way!) - but I see that the target boxes are usually empty.
I work on legal/technical/contract based translations and over 70% are normally fuzzies.
Does DNS manage to work well with fuzzies??? I have a lot of shifting of text within the box etc etc. (you all know what I mean)
Any feedback would be most welcome!
Thanks in advance
Jenny
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Update on Voice Recognition software

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »