Dragon Spanish version
Thread poster: Williamson

Williamson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:49
Flemish to English
+ ...
Apr 25, 2006

I have the multilingual version (Dutch,French,English,German) of Dragon Dictate v8.0. and am looking for a version with Spanish in it. Do the French and Italian version only have French and Italian or is it combined with Spanish.

Direct link Reply with quote

Giulia TAPPI  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:49
French to Italian
+ ...
Standard Dragon Apr 26, 2006

has just Italian, and the same for French. I think the Preferred version is coupled with English in both cases, but not with other languages, as far as I know; but you could check this information with their hot line.

Patricia Lane  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
how is it?? Apr 26, 2006

I've been thinking of getting Dragon (EN and FR) but have heard that V.8 is not particularly good at getting "trained" and that it crashes a lot on XP. How do you rate the software? Is it reliable? does it improve? what are its limitations?

Thank you for your insights.

Patricia

Giulia TAPPI  Identity Verified
France
French to Italian
+ ...
No problem Apr 26, 2006

I never had problems using Dragon. In my opinion, the only thing is you do not really go as fast as they say, because of course you have to think before dictating the translation, and also to correct it afterwards. But after 6/7 pages I really feel less tired than when I used to type my text!

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 01:49
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
As Giulia says Apr 26, 2006

It's a pity that Spanish isn't included in the multilingual version. For Spanish you can only get English with it.

Claudia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dragon Spanish version

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search