Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 07:40
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Jul 7, 2006

Hi

I bought it more than one year ago and the first try was quite disappointing, so I didn't use it. But now I have the assignment for it, very long, very easy, impossible to do it with a CAT tool, so I tried and was surprised to see how quickly I could learn to use it, really amazing, but after a while I get a message and I haven't found (yet) the explanation in the manual.
My message in is in French, something like "You have reached the maximum amount of voice data that can
... See more
Hi

I bought it more than one year ago and the first try was quite disappointing, so I didn't use it. But now I have the assignment for it, very long, very easy, impossible to do it with a CAT tool, so I tried and was surprised to see how quickly I could learn to use it, really amazing, but after a while I get a message and I haven't found (yet) the explanation in the manual.
My message in is in French, something like "You have reached the maximum amount of voice data that can be recorded. You can continue the dictation but you might not be able to listen to the records".
I'm not using the listening feature, but I can't keep working once this message apperas, I close it and it opens again. When it has happened I have stopped working and the next day it works fine, until the same happens.
Is there a way to empty that data register? Do I have to switch off everything and start again ?

Thank you very much

Claudia
Collapse

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:40
English to German
+ ...
DS 7 Jul 7, 2006

Hello Claudia,

I bought Dragon 7 some time ago, and haven't been using it too often.

However, AFAIR, there has been an option that one can choose at the beginning, and which let's you decide whether or not all of your voice data will be recorded. If you enable this feature, Dragon saves all your voice recordings somewhere on your hard disk (don't ask me where).

I remember that I switched it off since I really just wanted to have Dragon type what I say, I do
... See more
Hello Claudia,

I bought Dragon 7 some time ago, and haven't been using it too often.

However, AFAIR, there has been an option that one can choose at the beginning, and which let's you decide whether or not all of your voice data will be recorded. If you enable this feature, Dragon saves all your voice recordings somewhere on your hard disk (don't ask me where).

I remember that I switched it off since I really just wanted to have Dragon type what I say, I don't need the text recorded. However, in some cases it may make sense to keep the voice data recorded in case you want to review it later.

I can't tell you exactly where you have to look to disable this feature; it must be somewhere in the menu. Since I haven't used DS for quite some time I haven't been able to locate it myself.

HTH.

Sonja

[Bearbeitet am 2006-07-07 13:32]
Collapse

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
maybe a lead Jul 7, 2006

Hi Claudia

Just copied a page from the DN8 Preferred help:

"Je n'ai pas besoin de garder les enregistrements de ma dictée
Si vous n'avez pas besoin de garder les enregistrements de votre dictée, vous pouvez accélérer la vitesse de Dragon NaturallySpeaking en définissant la valeur de l'option Espace disque réservé à l'enregistrement à zéro (0). Ainsi aucun enregistrement ne sera conservé.

Pour que Dragon NaturallySpeaking ne garde pas d'enre
... See more
Hi Claudia

Just copied a page from the DN8 Preferred help:

"Je n'ai pas besoin de garder les enregistrements de ma dictée
Si vous n'avez pas besoin de garder les enregistrements de votre dictée, vous pouvez accélérer la vitesse de Dragon NaturallySpeaking en définissant la valeur de l'option Espace disque réservé à l'enregistrement à zéro (0). Ainsi aucun enregistrement ne sera conservé.

Pour que Dragon NaturallySpeaking ne garde pas d'enregistrement de dictée
Ouvrez la boîte de dialogue Options en cliquant sur Outils puis Options dans la barre Dragon.
Cliquez sur l'onglet Données.
Définissez à zéro (0) la valeur de l'option Espace disque réservé à l'enregistrement.
Cliquez sur OK."

Hope it will solve your problem.
Happy chatting,
Philippe
Collapse

Claudia Iglesias
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Sonja and Philippe Jul 7, 2006

Well, Sonja knew what I had to look for and Philippe knew where it was, great, I chose "0", we'll see if it allows me to work the whole day long

Thank you very much

Claudia

Claudia Iglesias
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That was the trick Jul 8, 2006

It worked fine, thanks again.

Claudia

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
Glad to hear that Jul 8, 2006

For my part, I believe that DNS8 Preferred is one of my smartest business investments (with Trados and TO3000). A more relaxed way of working!
Enjoy,
Philippe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dragon NS 8 Preferred, newby questions

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »