https://www.proz.com/forum/speech_recognition/97522-which_english_does_the_english_version_dragon_support_one_more_q.html

Which English does the English version Dragon support? + one more Q
Thread poster: Maciek Drobka
Maciek Drobka
Maciek Drobka  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 23:35
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Feb 19, 2008

Hi all,

I have tried to find an answer in previous postings, but didn't manage, surprisingly to myself.

I am planning to buy Dragon Naturally Speaking 9 Preferred edition. I do English to Polish and Polish to English translations. As Dragon is not available in Polish, I understand I should go for the single language version (one with no Italian, Spansh, etc. added to the product name).

My spoken English is much closer to British English than to American Eng
... See more
Hi all,

I have tried to find an answer in previous postings, but didn't manage, surprisingly to myself.

I am planning to buy Dragon Naturally Speaking 9 Preferred edition. I do English to Polish and Polish to English translations. As Dragon is not available in Polish, I understand I should go for the single language version (one with no Italian, Spansh, etc. added to the product name).

My spoken English is much closer to British English than to American English. Does the 'English-only Dragon' recognise both varieties equally well, or should I look for sth special in the product name/code/serial number to make sure I get a 'British' version?

And one more question. Will I always get a basic microphone bundled with the Dragon software, or is a microphone only available as a promotional item?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Maciek
Collapse

Margreet Logmans (X)
Margreet Logmans (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 23:35
English to Dutch
+ ...
Partial answer Feb 20, 2008

Hi Maciek,

it's been a while since I bought Dragon. I think I got a microphone with it, but I'm not using that one.

As for the English, I'll take a look at that soon; I usually dictate in Dutch, but I think the English version supports language variants. I'll check it out and get back to you on this.

Best,
Margreet

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which English does the English version Dragon support? + one more Q

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »