Macintosh program with slow-motion for transcription?
Thread poster: DQ Carder
DQ Carder
DQ Carder
English
Apr 1, 2008

What's making this transcription process long and hard is the fact that I have to constantly scrub the video back and forth because I can't type as fast as the subject is talking.

Is there any software for OS X that will play back a DVD in slow-motion while compensating for the sound pitch? As long as it's understandable that's all I need. Timecode display is also important.

Thanks again in advance!

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 10:34
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
Good news! Express Scribe for Mac Apr 1, 2008

Though my computer life began with the Apple II, I never touched a Macintosh. No, nothing against them, just lacked two things so far: opportuntity and need.

I use Express Scribe for transcription, and it made me slip two huge Akai open-reel recorders into retirement with honors, after a decade and a half of excellent services rendered.

I just found out that it works with Mac OS 10.1 and above, whatever that means. You m
... See more
Though my computer life began with the Apple II, I never touched a Macintosh. No, nothing against them, just lacked two things so far: opportuntity and need.

I use Express Scribe for transcription, and it made me slip two huge Akai open-reel recorders into retirement with honors, after a decade and a half of excellent services rendered.

I just found out that it works with Mac OS 10.1 and above, whatever that means. You may download it from http://www.nch.com.au/scribe/index.html , and the best part of it is that it's totally free.

I don't know if the Mac has those [F1] - [F12] keys on top of the keyboard. On the PC, as you already have your fingers there, they make control very easy. If the Mac doesn't have them, you might need their pedal.

Good luck!
Collapse

DQ Carder
DQ Carder
English
TOPIC STARTER
WOW! Thanks! Apr 2, 2008

You, sir, have been very helpful! That is -exactly- what I was looking for.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Macintosh program with slow-motion for transcription?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »