Thread poster: saeed samakar
saeed samakar
saeed samakar
Iran
Local time: 11:46
Persian (Farsi) to English
Jul 7, 2008

hi
I am doing a research on the problems of translation of Persian culture specific items into their English equivalents. I want to know is there any classification of these culture bound terms?
is there any book which can help me with my thesis?
thank you

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
United States
Local time: 01:16
English to Arabic
+ ...
Iranian culture concepts & terms into clear English Jul 7, 2008

Greetings.... salaam...

Please furnish some details of your interesting research.

Several books are available at some Persian bookstores in Los Angeles -- and also a few other good ones nearby in Orange County -- which discuss Iranian (Persian) cultural concepts and terms and their translation into clear English equivalents, especially taroof and related terms.

Hope this helps.

Khudaa Haafez.

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke
... See more
Greetings.... salaam...

Please furnish some details of your interesting research.

Several books are available at some Persian bookstores in Los Angeles -- and also a few other good ones nearby in Orange County -- which discuss Iranian (Persian) cultural concepts and terms and their translation into clear English equivalents, especially taroof and related terms.

Hope this helps.

Khudaa Haafez.

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke
San Pedro, California
Collapse

saeed samakar
saeed samakar
Iran
Local time: 11:46
Persian (Farsi) to English
TOPIC STARTER
Salaaaam Jul 8, 2008

As you may know some of the iranian films are subtitled into English I want to see if the the culture bound terms in English subtitles of Persian films such as Boutique or Salvation at 8:20 are correctly translated. can you suggest some books about this subject.
thank you

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

translation of culture bound terms in Persian into English subtitled films

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »