https://www.proz.com/forum/subtitling/123026-please_help_with_a_subtitling_software_for_home_use.html

Please help with a subtitling software for home use
Thread poster: Dana David Kogan
Dana David Kogan
Dana David Kogan  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 16:44
Romanian to Hebrew
+ ...
Dec 13, 2008

Does anyone know a subtitling software for home use?

I need such one for viewing the film and the written material in its original language (egl. asian, other european one), having the possibility to translate on the screen. Does anyone know if such a software has features as: wpm/spelling/ grammar (optional) or even many other technologies involved in the translation process ?

As an in-house translator we could not see/or know about other features beside the text.
... See more
Does anyone know a subtitling software for home use?

I need such one for viewing the film and the written material in its original language (egl. asian, other european one), having the possibility to translate on the screen. Does anyone know if such a software has features as: wpm/spelling/ grammar (optional) or even many other technologies involved in the translation process ?

As an in-house translator we could not see/or know about other features beside the text.

I appreciate very much your help.

Dana

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-12-14 11:18 GMT]
Collapse

Amy Duncan (X)
Amy Duncan (X)  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 10:44
Portuguese to English
+ ...
You could try Spot Dec 14, 2008

Hi Dana,
Since no one else has replied, I'll tell you the little I know about subtitling software...not sure if it will be helpful. For several years I used a program called Spot (http://www.spotsoftware.nl/) which was quite user friendly. I'm sorry I can't answer your other questions, but you might find more info on their site. Good luck!

Fabio Descalzi
Fabio Descalzi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 10:44
Member (2004)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Thread moved... Dec 14, 2008

... to Subtitling forum

Dana David Kogan
Dana David Kogan  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 16:44
Romanian to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Dec 14, 2008

Thank you very much Amy. I will look up.

Thanks Fabio.

Dana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Please help with a subtitling software for home use

Translation news

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »