Thread poster: Pradeep Neupane
Pradeep Neupane
Pradeep Neupane  Identity Verified
Member (2013)
English to Nepali
+ ...
Jun 21, 2010

Dear all:

I have just started learning about subtitling. I have just download Subtitle workshop Beta as my frends told. For practice purpose i need some sample files so that i can do practice on it.

Friends waiting for your reply....

Regards,
Pradeep Neupane

Meera Rotti

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:51
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
SRT files Jun 21, 2010

Pradeep Neupane wrote:
I have just started learning about subtitling. I have just download Subtitle workshop Beta as my frends told. For practice purpose i need some sample files so that i can do practice on it.

Search for SRT files. This is a simple subtitle format. If you have VLC Player, simply put the video file and the SRT file in the same folder, and give them the same name (except for the file extension). If you play the video, the subtitles will appear.

If you want to practice, why not translate Hunt for Gollum into your language? It is a free film that you can download from YouTube, and the subtitles are available on various places on the web:

http://www.allsubs.org/search-subtitle/The%20Hunt%20for%20Gollum%20en/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H09xnhlCQU (you need an Youtube ripper)

Marcelet GEFFRARD

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

need sample file for subtitling practice

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »