Notepad++ characters per line?
Thread poster: xxxlarsjorgen

xxxlarsjorgen
Local time: 02:34
English to Norwegian
Aug 8, 2010

Just downloaded Notepad++ as I hear that it`s a good program for translating. I have a limit of 38 characters per line, so how do I get that with this program? This is the reason I downloaded it..

juhamatti  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 03:34
French to Finnish
+ ...
Why not professional software? Aug 12, 2010

If you translate from templates, nothing beats Titlevision's TV2003Edit. It's free (see http://www.titlevision.dk/ ). And I've heard only good things from those using the full version.

No worries about character counts, you can set reading speed as needed, no risk of tampering with the spotting etc. Plus you can use Word's spellchecker.

My life is too short for horsing around with Notepad, Subtitle Workshop and whatnoticon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Notepad++ characters per line?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search