Bilanda Ban  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 19:28
English to Croatian
+ ...
Aug 8, 2011

Hello everyone!

I would appreciate any help with the following:

Does anyone know how to generate or create subtitles in XML for DCP in 24 FPS using only spotting list (feet and frames) i.e. without the video?

Thanks!

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:28
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
Hope this helps Aug 8, 2011

As I had never eard of DCP (I'm still in the DVD era), I decided to find out what it was.

I found This tool serves to generate an XML for DCP subtitling from the generators found inside a Final Cut Pro timeline. at http://www.michaelcinquin.com/tools/dcp/DCP_subtitling .

Hope it is what you are looking for.<
... See more
As I had never eard of DCP (I'm still in the DVD era), I decided to find out what it was.

I found This tool serves to generate an XML for DCP subtitling from the generators found inside a Final Cut Pro timeline. at http://www.michaelcinquin.com/tools/dcp/DCP_subtitling .

Hope it is what you are looking for.

[Edited at 2011-08-08 17:49 GMT]
Collapse

Bilanda Ban
Bilanda Ban  Identity Verified
Croatia
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, José! Aug 8, 2011

I actually posted this question for a friend of mine, so I'll have to wait and see what he has to say. But nevertheless, thank you for a quick reply - I knew I could count on you when it comes to subtitling!

Pavel Silenchuk
Pavel Silenchuk  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Russian to English
+ ...
You need an application Nov 24, 2011

Hi there!

You would need an application / converter which can output the subtitles in XML for DCP format. It is totally different from FCP XML. I am afraid there's no other way to do it.

You can theoretically do it manually. But it's gonna take forever and even a slightest mistake would ruin the work.

Please send me an email if you need help / additional info.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need help with generating subtitles in XML for DCP

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »