Thread poster: Juliane Richter

Juliane Richter  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:14
English to German
+ ...
Jun 21, 2012

Hello,

I am on the search of a good professional subtitling software, if possible with a free trial version.

Can anybody give advices and and recommendations?

Thank you,
Juliane

Faustine Roux  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:14
English to French
Wincaps, Spot, EZ Jun 21, 2012

Hi Julianne,

I know Wincaps, EZTitle and Spot editor are good software and have a trial version. My personal favourite is Swift Create but you have to pay for the dongle to be able to try it.

Good luck.

kmtext
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:14
English
+ ...
I'm also a Swift user... Jun 25, 2012

..but would recommend Wincaps, Isis or Spot.

A Swift trial costs around £600 +VAT which is deducted from the purchase price if you go on to buy a full version.

I haven't used Spot yet, but it certainly gets good writeups and is very versatile.

It's a number of years since I last used Wincaps, and, to be honest, I didn't get on well with it at all. They may have changed things since then, but I didn't like having to switch between different modes for different tasks.

Isis is also very versatile, and has good customer support.

Poliscript is another option, but I can't say I know too much about it since the last piece of their software that I used was DOS-based!

Most of the systems are pretty much compatible with each other, using a range of common file formats (pac, stl, srt, txt, etc), but there are some issues - ususally with caption positioning - so it's important to check which systems your end clients are using and investigate compatibility before investing.

Juliane Richter  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:14
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jun 27, 2012

Thank you very much, your recommendations were very helpful.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Subtitling Software

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search