Thread poster: Hugo Martínez Andrade

Hugo Martínez Andrade  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:34
Member (2012)
French to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 4, 2013

Everything is in the topic: which do you think is the best subtitling tool (free or paying), and where do I get to learn how to use it? I know Subtitle Workshop, but it has its limits.

And what tool do you use to translate websites? (Again, free or paying and where to learn its use).

Thank you!

Direct link Reply with quote

Trevor Landolt  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 12:34
Portuguese to English
+ ...
InqScribe Jan 4, 2013

InqScribe works fine for me. And I have a few clients who ask me to use this particular tool. Very easy to use, it has some good standard shortcuts, good interface and a useful instructions manual.
you can download it here... http://www.inqscribe.com/
Hope this helps!
Best;

Hugo Martínez Andrade  Identity Verified
France
Member (2012)
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Best subtitling tool. Thank you! Jan 4, 2013

Thank you! I didn't know that one. I've already tried several tools but ten I have trouble burning the subtitles on the videos.

KuaLanx  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Chinese to Dutch
+ ...
Subbits Jan 4, 2013

I use Subbits, which allows me to work without touching my mouse at all, it supports Chinese, if you email the creator of the software, he emails you back lightning fast to solve all your issues, so I really like it.

It's not free, I can't remember what it costs though, so it can't have been an awful lot.

I only have one problem with it: if I press backspace one time too many at the beginning of a title, I lose everything I've done since saving last. I press backspace a few times too many quite a lot, so I have to remember to save the file.
I have to remember to save the file.
I have to remember to save the file.

Dan Dascalescu  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:34
English
+ ...
Lots of subtitling tools May 13, 2015

AlternativeTo lists a ton of subtitling tools at http://alternativeto.net/software/aegisub/

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Best subtitling tool

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search